(7-17) Spy Passive Bonus: Level 4 and 5 Cost Reduction [Spy Update 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
This is one of a series of proposed tweaks to the Spy system to polish the new version.

Proposal:
  • Level 4 Passive Spy Benefit (7% science copy -> 10% science copy): NP cost reduced from 1700 to 1500.
  • Level 5 Passive Spy Benefit (still 10% science copy, but now see all city tiles): NP cost reduced from 2000 to 1800.
Rationale
  • This puts the costs more in line with current spy missions. Level 4 is now online when you can select a 1500 cost mission, so you now have a solid decision as to risk the passive bonus or go for the mission. The Level 5 benefit is honestly quite weak, and so reducing that is just inline with balancing.

This change buffs the science power of spies (slightly).
Are there any suggestions to change the Steal Tech mission? To me it seems science is the thing current spies are best at.
I had nothing planned myself, other than improving security, which should weaken late game spies and prevent some of the big tech steals later on.

I have a spy point rescaling proposal planned. More spy points at Renaissance, less per era.

I have a spy point rescaling proposal planned. More spy points at Renaissance, less per era.
You don't happen to have one that starts at Medieval do you? There were many spies back then.

Actually there were many spies in the Classical Era too.

I guess a better question: is there a way to get Spy Points off the DLL so they can be changed more easily?

Timestamp post to arrange all the threads in a neat order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom