Game settings to try as a 2 player 'co op' team?

starrywisdom

Warlord
As the title reads I'm looking for some game settings(and/or civs) that my brother and I could try out that we may or many not have thought out yet. We tend to play the game more 'co-opish'(IE: us 2 against various settings of AI) and we've played quite a few games this way. We're curious if there may be any civ combos/settings that might 'spice it up' a bit. Thanks in advance :)

Well, I'm not a fan of upping the difficulty through the 'level' settings personally. The AI is the AI, the only difference in the difficulty is what effect YOU and how much free crap the AI gets in the start.

What makes for a better game (again in my opinion) is to up the number of AIs on Prince level. As long as they are on the same team, it will automatically get more challenging.

For instance, a 2v6 game on Prince is actually quite challenging. Gave it a go and figured I could just drop one of their caps and mess them all up... that didn't work.

To make it even more challenging, you just have to limit yourself. For instance, if you don't make peace with the AI ever, that makes it even more challenging because you can in theory exploit the fact that they will make peace for deals. Then you rebuild when you were at the brink of death, and attack again.

Anyway, moral of the story, before you increase the difficulty level, try increasing the number of AIs.

I'd be happy to play a 3vwhatever AI with you. My steam ID is the same as my name.

Good luck!

diety should spice it

Difficulty for A.I. when playing with multiple people is blah, as what was said above upping number of A.I. and placing teams is entirely more enjoyable ;)

or playing against other players since ai is not fun at all

1) We are working adults who only get random amounts of time to play
2) Playing against players isn't always FUN, with the A.I. we can 'dick around' and not have to worry about some 'younger folk' who only care about winning
3) We are not overly competitive, we would rather play with eachother and have fun in varying ways - then go into multiplayer and do everything to win at all costs(which is what most people do)
4) The A.I. can be quite fun...even if it isn't always intelligent; that argument can be said about multiplayer as well though...
5) Thanks for the recommendation but playing 'competitively' just isn't up either of ours creek due to our time investment and how little we like to play with random people ;)

What makes for a better game (again in my opinion) is to up the number of AIs on Prince level. As long as they are on the same team, it will automatically get more challenging.

For instance, a 2v6 game on Prince is actually quite challenging. Gave it a go and figured I could just drop one of their caps and mess them all up... that didn't work.

To make it even more challenging, you just have to limit yourself. For instance, if you don't make peace with the AI ever, that makes it even more challenging because you can in theory exploit the fact that they will make peace for deals. Then you rebuild when you were at the brink of death, and attack again.

Our average game is actually usually a 2v2v4 and it's been quite entertaining. We've been doing random leader to spice it up quite a bit as well.

Wondering if raging barbarians will make it more or less fun or just irritating, lol it's the only setting I don't think we've played with :)

My good friend and I play 2 against the computer quite frequently and find it to be a lot of fun. We normally play on immortal or above as a team. We team the computer adversarys up as well into teams of two. We always try for a 'theme'. For instance our present game we are desert people against the computer players. (large world, Arid and choosing any desert civilization.) We have played as seafarers, crusaders, indians, explorers and a few other guises. We always have raging barbarians which produce some interesting early barb wars on the higher levels.

We welcome others that may want to join us. Just pm me. We are a few days away from finishing "Desert Raiders" then we will be thinking up a new one.

Well, I'm not a fan of upping the difficulty through the 'level' settings personally. The AI is the AI, the only difference in the difficulty is what effect YOU and how much free crap the AI gets in the start.

Anyway, moral of the story, before you increase the difficulty level, try increasing the number of AIs.

I'd be happy to play a 3vwhatever AI with you. My steam ID is the same as my name.

Good luck!

Easiest Game ive played in the last 2 years

2v6 prince ai is quite easy

how ever if u wan't a real chalange go for a 2v2v2v2v2 on diety on the HB brawl map
and do all AI as zulu with start in ancient era on quick speed

And ondly victory condition Domination

then u got a realy hard chalange (we needed 6 times til we managed to do it)

Top Bottom