Game settings: Vassels

Vassal States

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They said to poll this. Open for 5 days.

I don't think anyone will use vassals, but I voted on, just in case.

I agree with remake that vassals won't be used, but unlike remake that made me vote for them off.

I think vessals might be used when a human team gives up and the AI takes over. The AI might become vessal of a human team. Just keeping the options open.

Would we want the AI to be able to become someone's Vassel?

I don't know what we want when a human team gives up, therefor I think it's usefull to keep our options open.

I'm just worried that if a team quit and they were replaced by an AI, that the AI might jump to be our opponent's vassel, giving our opponent a way to beat us even if they hadn't played better than us up to that point.

Hehehe, I just got this image in my head with vassals off. A team gives up the ghost and all the sharks rushes in to the free-for-all to join the dark feast and the desecration of the corpse. :D

If a team goes to the AI that's how it WILL be.

Off. There's a few abuses available to teams with vassals:

1. If it IS an AI, it gets a 50% discount to upgrades on all levels, allowing potential feeding of units + gold for discount power unit spam.
2. If diplo is on, this can allow a team that would otherwise not get the votes in time win.
3. Just leaving the option for peacevassal (one of the singular worst features in civ) open can allow a team that has given up to essentially permanent ally with someone OTHER than the invader (or potential invader). There's no mistake...peacevassal works very much like a PA.
4. Vassals on brings colonial maintenance into the equation, though I'm not sure that will be an issue.

If we do allow it, there need to be some very tight restrictions on what can be done.

I say ON, you never know what is going to happen.

Probably a stupid question, but will it only be the 6 teams playing or will there be AIs as well?

Probably a stupid question, but will it only be the 6 teams playing or will there be AIs as well?

Not a stupid question. An important question. But I'm sure there will be only the 6 human teams.

I think this could be a valuable game dynamic and could help avert a team quitting once it no longer has a chance at winning.

Top Bottom