Game stopped working with December 15 patch on Mac

myzmak

Chieftain
Any effort to start a new game or load an old game just hangs up with the "Loading please wait..." screen. Uninstalled and reinstalled - same issue.

(Running on a mac)

Anyone else?

Sounds familiar. I actually got to start a few games today, but noticed an early hang that became the norm. From what I can tell, whenever there is trouble starting a new game, the Startup.log reads "Spawning async init job."

Posted on Asypr Support:

We're currently investigating an issue where players creating a single or multiplayer game, as well as when loading a save, are getting stuck on the Loading Screen, and cannot get past that screen and the loading never finishes.​

We don't have any workarounds available just yet, for now we request that if you see this issue, please send us your System Profile in a Bug Report, and take a second to try the Mac troubleshooting steps in this article.​

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience while we work on a fix.​

Last edited:
I didn’t have it for quite some time after the update… but do now.

It’s not “every time”… but specific save files/turns trigger it.

Note that the reason I was first re-loading was the interface elements disappearing while the comp was taking its turns. That has been a sporadic issue in the past.

Last edited:
Yes. Just uploaded the new DLC and now can't get past the loading screen. I cannot believe that no-one tested this out before release. Amateurish does not cover it.

Now experiencing the same thing (MacBook Air - Ventura 13.0.1). Was able to play after last week's Leader Pass update (Had to uninstall/reinstall to download the content), but now I get stuck on the "Loading Please Wait" screen every time I try to start or load a game. Have also been experiencing graphics issues after downloading the Leader Pass. Ultimately, extremely frustrating all around!

I saw a comment on Twitter (which I can't find anymore, damn) from someone who also had an issue with the Mac version, and apparently he got an answer from Aspyr that with the last batch of DLC the minimum requierements for the MacOS version were upped. I don't remember the exact version number though, was a 14 :/.

I was away for about a month (and had hoped the issue resolved itself) but....does not seem to have. Same issue since that last update on December 15

I'm running Ventura 13.0.1 on a 2017 iMac. (only recently upgrading to Ventura as the old OS I had stopped being compatible)

Anyone find/hear of a solution?

Aspyr customer service has been very chatty without providing anything concrete to work with. My tepid intuition is they will address it alongside the new Leader Pass content.

Interesting update....maybe a fix will come

In an effort to ensure quality for the remaining Leader Pass updates, Aspyr will be delaying the launches of the Rulers of China, Rulers of the Sahara, and the Great Builders packs for Mac and iOS.​
We’ll be using this extra time to address issues reported by the Civilization VI community on Mac and iOS, and ensure that the remaining Leader Pass content is the high-quality Civilization content you expect.​
During this time, crossplay between Mac and Windows will not be available and Mac/iOS cloud saves will be out of sync with the Windows version.​
These 3 packs will be released alongside the final Leader Pass release, the Rulers of England pack. At that time the Mac and iOS versions will be back in sync with the Windows version.​
Thank you for your continued support and passion for Civilization VI.​

For what it's worth, I reset to the Legacy branch and can now play a buggy version that responds after reloading, as per their guidance. Makes me wonder why I didn't try that back in December! In any case, beats waiting for them to patch it at the end of the LP.

I've been having this issue as well; I've mostly gotten around it by exiting and reopening the game until it loads.
Additionally, I will note, it will not load any multiplayer games, even if only on the local network.

Top Bottom