Games you are embarassed to admit you still play.

Great thread idea :goodjob:

Some of the games I play the most these days… eh, and always have…

CIV2 :D
Duke Nukem
Wolfenstein 3D
Secret Agent Man
Space Invaders
Prince of Persia
Commander Keen (I//IV/VI)
Ports of Call
Lost Vikings
Sim City
Panzer General II
Alpha Centauri

And finally…
Caesar III

Originally posted by thestonesfan
I recently started another run through what is possibly the best game of all time, Jagged Alliance 2. I'm having XP troubles though.
I agree, it's definatly one of the best games ever!

Jagged Alliance 2 just blows my mind :crazyeye: ;)

I hope they will get some money to finish JA3. You know they started that, but it's on hold, and has been for a long time because of funding problems. They have no Producer I believe (maybe we should mailbomb Atari ;))

JA3 was going to be in real 3D I think.

I finished JA2 for the first time this summer actually. And the expansion too (that was quite linear and much more intense and faster).

Every so often I will get a few gallons on cola, several bags of snacks and a very comfy chair and immerse myself in the world of Baldur's Gate (1 & 2). Other games that sitll manage to hold my attention are Planescape: Torment, Warcraft II, SimGolf, and Deus Ex. For true heart-pumping excitement, I can always rely on NHL 2002 for my fix.

I still play Bridge Commander and Elite Force from time to time. Could never get SFCIII's online mode to work so it's collecting dust in my desk.

I just finished XCOM and I'm still tackling XCOM2. Descent is in the works too. Duke Nukem 3D. Pirates Gold. Doom I&II, Colonization.

Those new games just don't have the same atmosphere.

I have lost my original CD for XCOM Apocalypse and I would probably pay a fine sum to get it back. Also I miss Elite: The final frontier but the original disks won't work anymore. (I couldn't make backups because the originals were somehow copy protected)

From the newer ones:
JA2, Unreal, Steel Panthers: World at war.

Oh and I forgot Railroad Tycoon 2 and Transport tycoon. I still have originals for the first Railroad Tycoon but not a computer old enough to play it.

Harry Potter and darn proud of it! Also, I play a lot of pinball and sometimes the occasinal SC2K.

Originally posted by thestonesfan
I still play Panzer General 2, but I ain't ashamed to admit it! It's a classic!

"Ah! Good day, Herr General!"

An excellent game, far too addictive, mustn't install on my computer ever again.

For my embarrassing game I enjoy playing...Sudden Strike. It isn't quick, it is an inching forward of LOS to allow artillery to rain down on unsuspecting enemies and yet I love it :o

Originally posted by Brewster
Every so often I will get a few gallons on cola, several bags of snacks and a very comfy chair and immerse myself in the world of Baldur's Gate (1 & 2).

Me 2. Not so ashamed of it though.
Come to think of it, I'm not ashamed of playing the first Tomb Raider now and again either, although maybe I should be :)
But there's just something about that game, so beautiful (the sequels never were so goodlooking), the music, the feeling that there might be disaster around every corner while :D a 5-year old can easily manage the first 3-4 levels.
I also sometimes play Heroes III, which was mentioned earlier.
And not so long ago I played the first two Monkey Island games, but I realized I knew it all and even though there's still plenty of giggles there (I mean, I STILL replay the scene where Guybrush stuffs the dog into his trousers :lol: ), the feeling of accomplishment that comes with playing adventures isn't there anymore.
I'd love to get my hands on Day of the Tentacle again. A CFC member has gotten his avatar and sig (can't remember who right now though) from that game, maybe I'll ask next time I see it :)

Originally posted by Thrawn
Caesar III is a great game. I nearly installed it again last night. Maybe I'll do that now.

I prefer it to SimCity games. The Mediolanum mission is my favorite!

Anyways, games I'm embarrased to still play...Warcraft 1 and GTA 2.

Every once in a while, I'll play Streets of SimCity.

I'm the only person I've ever seen who can have fun playing it. ;)

I still occasionally play Commander Keen (1991) for PC and Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue for GBC.

Ascendancy

Not ashamed of Total Annhilation though

The Comander keen games their just so addictive and also sim tower.:D

and sierras city building series

@Bootstoots: I play Streets of SimCity too. I still like running over cows :lol:
I wonder why it never was considard a good game. I alwas lover inputing my SimCity 2000 cities into the game and drive though them.

Lucas arts OUTLAWS

Lucas arts adventures if you wait long enough you forget

Monkey island 1&2
Full Throttle
Indiana jones & fate of atlantis

Top Bottom