Games you are embarassed to admit you still play.

Fr8monkey

Deity
Is there any game, computer or board, you hate to admit you play.
I am addicted to Bullfrog,s PC game "Theme Hospital" and 'Risk'.
OK, I'm a geek. Tell us your stories.

I still play Panzer General 2, but I ain't ashamed to admit it! It's a classic!

"Ah! Good day, Herr General!"

my friends often make fun of me because I like to play "older" games with bad graphics. Right now I dug out "X-Com UFO Defence"

But I'm not really ashamed to admit this, I prefer a game with good gameplay to superior graphics.

The insanely addictive NFS...

I'm embarrassed that I own so many games I've barely played. I like reading rulebooks -- always have. The puzzle or challenge of the game interests me much less than the mathematical and design principles a game is built upon.

Right now I'm playing X-Com: Apocalypse again.

Civ3, Hearts of Iron, Max Payne, Medal of Honor... basically all of them!

Not ashamed of Diplomacy, though...

Lemmings
You Don't Know Jack
Minesweeper :D

I just cant seem to get into HOI. I keep running out of materials and cant build anything.

Oh yeah, and Tetris. My wife and I bought a PS2 about a year ago and what game do we play more than any? Tetris! Who woulda thunk it.

i promised myself id never play a sports game, but here i am playing Maddan 2002

Playing games is often a Big Waste Of Time (BWOT) and that's embarrassing in a tragic kind of way. I could be spending that time and energy building a REAL empire here in the real world... Sports at offers physical conditioning as a kind of pay off...

On the other hand some of my defining interests (practical math, mythology, technology, geography, history etc...) were formed because I played games that touched on those themes. I would not be who I am today if I had not "wasted" all that time.

I think playing computer games growing up was very beneficial to me and my brothers.

Even the mindless shoot 'em ups work wonders on improving people's general awareness of what's going on around them.

And I can't ignore the fact that I could definately fly an Apache chopper in real life thanks to the Longbow sims! :D

I am a closet Myst fan.

Until now, anyway.

SimCity 2000 is so much better than SimCity 3000 it's not even funny. I can't even really explain it. It's just more fun.

Originally posted by Toasty

It's so much nicer out here, isn't it ;)?

I must say, the air is rather fresh. :goodjob:

*sees a lever and twitches*

Originally posted by thestonesfan
SimCity 2000 is so much better than SimCity 3000 it's not even funny. I can't even really explain it. It's just more fun.
I know, it's the same with Sim City 4, there's just something about it.

Top Bottom