Gandhi can't do without Ecology...

sabo

My Ancestors were Vikings
I eventually talked him up to 225 GPT, I've only been playing this game since April so I'll ask some of the old timers out there, "Isn't this an unusually large amount for the AI to agree too? I mean heck it's still only the 1800's

Attachments

• ecology.jpg
    ecology.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 358
no it depends on the tech i have once had a gpt of 500 in the year 1700 so it just depends on the tech

Obviously not with the 1.29f patch, I've played a couple of turns and he's paid, I wonder if he's dismantling his empire to do it though.

I've gotten 600+ gpt before. Remember, even if you're losing more than 1 gpt (and your treasury is 0), you only lose one unit/improvement/etc each turn.

In the game I am playing if I set my tax rate at 100% I will get an income of about $1000 gpt, ask to buy a second-civ tech and AI usually charges more than 750 gpt

I just assumed that the AI just lowers his science output to nearly nothing

This has to be pre 1.29.

I remember getting some 600 gpt just for selling wine. Needless to say, I sold off all my extra luxuries for top dollar then went on a massive conquering spree against those who didn't want to accept those kinds of deals. Of course, I didn't have to worry about money after that...as it did continue until the end of the game. :egypt:

223gpt is not that much for a modern age tech. When I was playing a game as the persians I sold ecology to gahndi for 300gpt plus 14,000 gold. That comes out to be 1000 gpt.

Well, it looks like Lincoln can't do without Nationalism either :eek:
Note that this happens a whole era before Ecology and in those time this is some real money. About 10 turns into it he's still happily paying and doesn't always sit on 0 treasury. Of course, at the same time I did a couple MPPs with his neighbors (I'm on another continent) so he has incentive of keeping his promise :D

Check out his message.... HAH!!!!

This is on Emperor level, and happens around 1000AD, with 1.29f patch.

Attachments

• lincoln_nationalim_sm.jpg
    lincoln_nationalim_sm.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 223
Yep, Lincoln paid every single turn for that deal, don't ask me how, but he did :goodjob:

Cool to have that kinda money early on, right in time for factories :)

I find I can tech-whore like that right from the first time I get ahead in tech and they always manage to pay up and expand and build military. It all ends though when they go to war - slowly, they go broke... :D

A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you're talking real money -- Everett Dirksen

The point is that what was once a lot of money in the Middle Ages, is peanuts in the Modern Age.

Originally posted by Hamlet
Ghandi doesn't have that sort of money. I thought those sorts of 'Rob the AI blind' deals were taken out via the patches.

How can you tell from this screenshot that Ghandi does not have that sort of money? Even though he only has 315 in treasury he may very well have an income of more than 235 gpt.

Originally posted by BeBop
But, if his income was more than 235gpt, why his treasure was just 315gold? It doesnt make sense...

The whole idea of money is using them, right?
In my current game I have a net-gain of +5000 each turn.. But by the end of the turn I rarely have more than 50 gold left.

Originally posted by BeBop
But, if his income was more than 235gpt, why his treasure was just 315gold? It doesnt make sense...

It does make sense...
Dominox explained why.

This was my 100th post:cool:

The most I have had so far has been 256 gpt, being an obvious binary number I assumed it was a limit. Bstrd Japanese paid one turn then attacked an entire continent with a single cavalry. Boy oh boy was I ever pissed.

I've had over 1k gpt for Space Flight from Egypt. The same turn I sold it to every other AI civ (except the Iroquoise - the bastards insisted on sharing a continent with me!), totallying some 3.5k gpt, some 6k in raw cash and a couple of luxuries. They all nicely paid and only nobody seemd to get particularly broke.

BTW, I tend to prefer having a minimum of 1k gold laying around in my treasury during during the later stages of the game. Those 50 gpt from the Street does help.

Top Bottom