GDG's Build Great Wall Outside Territory

GDG's Build Great Wall Outside Territory v3

i think this needs to be in civ V section GreatWall isn't in civ VI (YET)

i think this needs to be in civ V section GreatWall isn't in civ VI (YET)

no. you can build great wall if you play china

Attachments

• great.png
    great.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 941
Hello all, I'm new here. Do I need to create a new game to use such mods? Or it will work with my savegame?

Thanks in advance.

Gelo, I apologise, I posted this in another thread, but not sure if you'd be following it, so I'm going to post it here sorry thankyou! ;)

Could you please help me allow builders to remove floodplains! I tried adding it so that after irrigation they could do it (Makes sense in that they'd have to divert the flow, instead of bronzeworking), but I'm horsehocky at modding stuff!!

Gelo, I apologise, I posted this in another thread, but not sure if you'd be following it, so I'm going to post it here sorry thankyou! ;)

Could you please help me allow builders to remove floodplains! I tried adding it so that after irrigation they could do it (Makes sense in that they'd have to divert the flow, instead of bronzeworking), but I'm **** at modding stuff!!

Its Okay :D.

Thanks :D. Is floodplains removable? i think its not removable like marsh

Is there a way to mod the Great Wall so that when you capture China their Great Wall improvements don't just disappear?

AAAARRGH!

How much have I wanted this.
I haven't testedm but it's just what I've asked for.
We would probably not use this mod if not playing as China, but I'm indeed curious to know how the AI would play with this mod =p

So, thanks alot man!

Nice mod. Great Idea!
While using the mod I noticed that when building the great wall you would have to destroy forest tiles before building the great wall. This uses up two build charges and seems like a waste to me. So I added in an extra row of code adding forest as a valid terrain tile. It now looks more aesthetically pleasing and saves your builders an extra charge. It's an easy fix.

Keep up the good work!

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-5_18-38-19.png
    upload_2016-11-5_18-38-19.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 454
Could you please help me allow builders to remove floodplains! I tried adding it so that after irrigation they could do it (Makes sense in that they'd have to divert the flow, instead of bronzeworking), but I'm **** at modding stuff!!

I tried to remove the flood plains but I'm no expert on modding either. When I hover over the Remove Feature button it shows the Remove Floodplains from the plot but doesn't let me click it. If anyone has any suggestions on how you'd fix it be my guest.

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-6_17-13-23.png
    upload_2016-11-6_17-13-23.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 795
I tried to remove the flood plains but I'm no expert on modding either. When I hover over the Remove Feature button it shows the Remove Floodplains from the plot but doesn't let me click it. If anyone has any suggestions on how you'd fix it be my guest.

My little changes allows you to remove flood plains, it also increases the warrior and slinger unit maintenance by 1, which I find helps the AI not to mass produce them units, and it's also got GDG's great wall mod in there that allows it to build on flood plains (although I think it's worth adding allowing it to build also on woods tiles, from another mod I seen the other day)

Attachments

• Improvements.xml
    910 bytes · Views: 111
Let me know if you want just the ability to remove flood plains and not the maintaince

My little changes allows you to remove flood plains, it also increases the warrior and slinger unit maintenance by 1, which I find helps the AI not to mass produce them units, and it's also got GDG's great wall mod in there that allows it to build on flood plains (although I think it's worth adding allowing it to build also on woods tiles, from another mod I seen the other day)

I was the one who suggested the forest thing. I took your working Improvements file and implemented the forest tile for the great wall so thanks :).

Anyway there are two things wrong with the great wall improvement that I noticed while testing it:
That your units take movement penalties while walking on the Great wall which seems wrong.
upload_2016-11-7_1-24-43.png
The yields for the great wall aren't the same on all terrain. Is this by design? And if so why is the Yield UI messed up? I guess it was an oversight!
upload_2016-11-7_1-38-23.png

Anyway I think it would be more cool if the Great wall functioned a bit like a road as it did facilitate movement. And what is up with does culture yields. :lol:

Edit: One more thing I stumbled upon was that you Can't remove resources outside of your territory obviously you'd require the technologies to be able to remove certain resources. A few problems would be created by making this possible e.g. The resource wouldn't contribute any yield to the city it's borders were in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom