geforce 1070ti or 1080?

Hamid.H

Prince
ive been waiting for btc/eth to finally reach their true market value ($0.00) so i can purchase a good future proof graphics card (future proof for my needs anyway). i was wondering if i should go with the 1070ti, a 1080, or possibly a 1080ti. i game in 1080p so i realize they're all overkill, but when im interested in is their computing power and speed. i was also considering one of the asus cards, curious to see which brand others prefer.

suggestions?

im not interested in the new turing cards (man, nvidia cant seem to give those away as they're usually listed as a lover price than the 1070/1080 pascal cards).

hh

Last edited:
I'm in a bit of a similar situation as you. I'd buy a new card if I could find a good deal. It seems to me that price/performance ratio hasn't really improved since I bought my last GPU some 3 years ago. For this reason, I'll probably just wait for the market to improve.

However, if you do want to buy a new card now, you might want to look into GTX 1660X. It's a new card with performance somewhere around 1070/1070ti. As for Asus cards, they can be decent, but the Vega series does have a pretty high power draw and heat production compared to Nvidia models with similar performance. I've been looking into Vega 56/64. As the cryptobubble mining boom dies down, many miners are looking to get rid of their Vegas. It looks like one could get a good deal on them. Used mining cards do come with a few disadvantages, but it's not as bad as many people make them out to be (they might need fan replacements, but that's it).

It may be too late, but I have a 1080 ti and its really nice.

Top Bottom