1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

General Immortal/Diety Build Order Request

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by XVBLACKFLAGVX, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Much appreciated, will check in 2-3 hours when I can.

2. Victoria

3. Bangau

Bangau Warlord Supporter

Can confirm (by playing one game on online speed) that it doesn't work on online speed. It does work all the time on standard speed though. Wonder why.

4. Builderphile

Builderphile Chieftain

That explains it. I play online speed almost exclusively. Thanks.

5. sugerdady87

sugerdady87 Warlord

90% deity, 10% immortal (testing out something new).

1st city: warrior --> settler --> warrior/slinger --> settler
    2nd city: warrior/slinger (archer) --> settler

Scout initially with warriors but don't fog bust. Use them to kill camps for gold and next age points, or whatever that crap is called.

Restarting because you're getting destroyed for not getting units simply means the opening is a weak one, imo. After the last patch, the barbs are just too insane.

I play on normal speed and the AI never accepts a delegate on the initial few turns.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2019
  6. Bangau

Bangau Warlord Supporter

Really? That is super weird. I play on deity 95% of the time and almost always on standard speed and they always (yes ALWAYS) accept my delegate on the turn I meet them. I only use UI mods, none that alter AI behavior. Do you have any mods that could effect this?

7. Fluphen Azine

Fluphen Azine What is Fluphen Azine?

I have had some mass invasions but for the most part nothing too crazy.
    I find that I am in a race with the City States many times to get the camp.
    That is if the AI doesn't get them as well.
    I agree though that a military is a priority.
    I have to admit that I have been trying to go builder/settler first more on Deity Pangaea Maps.
    It seems that a Build Order really is situational.
    The difficulty for me is being able to read the situation or map correctly.
    I am starting to realize key tiles are important as well like 3F2P.
    I used to think and read that production was the most important thing early on.
    However, it seems Growth or a Combination is more so important.

8. XVBLACKFLAGVX

XVBLACKFLAGVX Chieftain

Thanks for the response! What do you mean by don't fog bust?

9. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir Deity

If i may answer for him: Fog busting is camping a unit to keep clear of fog an area to prevent barbs from spawning there.
    If you don't do it, you get new camps to kill for era score. Also, you will know where they will spawn because they will respawn in the same location. (if you fog bust that location, but not all the surroundings, they will appear elsewhere, so fog-busting is only useful if you keep all your surroundings clear rather than just the known camp location anyways)

10. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

Slinger first. Unless your land sucks. Then builder first. Unless it's a bigger than standard landmass map. Then scout first. Unless someone spawns right next to you. Then warrior first.

11. Fluphen Azine

Fluphen Azine What is Fluphen Azine?

The last two games I played had some serious Barb Issues.
    Turns out if you don't take care of them early on they can become a nightmare.
    Both times I had two Camps in the South just spawning Xbows, Horses and Swords constantly.
    So that kinda changes the Build Order and at the least, sets me many turns back.

12. Victoria

It must be the first turn you meet them and they say yes every time for me and pretty much always say no on the second and subsequent.

I find using a combo of scout and warrior stop most barb scouts as long as you use the scout in that job, it’s ZOC and ability to be there 1 turn earlier than a sling are significant. Then builder for agoge and settler while getting to agoge then build the army cheaper to just clean everything up. If the enemy starts coming toward you a scout and warrior can slow them down a lot used right and they will typically not declare until in your territory.
    I have found starting on a hill to be a serious barb issue because of the way LOS works in this game. I will certainly come off a grassland hill and sometimes off a plains hill.

A start to avoid. Note 2 of the scouts are sieging me even though they have not seen me... that’s the trick of not being on a hill.
    upload_2019-11-9_15-36-41.png

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    acluewithout and Fluphen Azine like this.