1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

General Immortal/Diety Build Order Request

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by XVBLACKFLAGVX, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

So for me, especially as I play a lot of Victoria islands can be a thing.... I start builder or scout depending and then put off army if I can until agoge but keep an emergency gold supply. Then, regardless I will build 3 slingers (3 archers and 2 xbow is 2 eurekas) and 3 warriors (3 muskets) and 3 chariots (3 tanks) often but at least 1 of something so I can have an army of 8 for the mercenaries inspiration.
    Your game is much shorter and more challenging if you really push eurekas and inspirations and having the upgrade potential is a safe approach, after all, you may get bored of your island.

Fluphen Azine likes this.
  2. tiamats4esgares

tiamats4esgares Chieftain

Winning a Deity game with China on Archipelago going for Diplomacy was too easy so I decided to add a challenge.......a One City Challenge. And...here's the results so far.

As of turn 184, I have 14 Diplomatic Victory Points. If there are no emergencies (and despite the fact that I cranked Disasters up to 4, there still hasn't been any) I am set to win on turn 270. If I get lucky and get an emergency by turn 210, I could win on 240. This is assuming all goes right, but I have so much gold and diplomatic favor that I should be fine.

With Natural Philosophy, Aesthetics, and Pingala, I was making 53.1 Science per turn and 64.8 Culture per turn as of the turn I started building the Statue of Liberty (when I switched up cards to help with the production). With ONE CITY!

My district build order was Holy Site ASAP, then Campus not long after I hit 4 people, Theatre District at 7, Harbor at 10, Industrial Zone at 13, and Government Plaza at 16. There was no way I could have triggered the Inspiration by having 7 different districts. My capital was in a location with not a whole lot of production (1 hill in all of it and 2 total forests! much wow) but I had decent growth I suppose. For luxury/strategic resources, I have one each of olive, turtle, and fur and two things of horses. For bonus resources, I have two things of stone and a crab.

My city was not on a "small island" as I'd have liked, but it was on a long snaky island with my only neighbor Sweden on the opposite end. To make matters even better, a mountain range right by my city blocks her from getting to me by land. There are 2 places spread apart where one could place a city on my side of the mountain range, but as of turn 184, nobody has. I have 4 allies and the other 3 civs don't like me, but nobody's declared war.

I haven't built a single military unit besides 3 galleys and the Slinger I always start on turn 1, BUT I got lucky by getting an Apostle with the promotion to convert barbarians. So I converted 8 that way and my slinger and a galley died so I have 8 land units and 2 galleys. I guess that's enough to stop anyone from declaring war, and should be enough to defend if someone does (plus I could buy like a cannon every turn or something if necessary).

It looks like I'm going to win my FIRST TIME ever doing a one city challenge. I'll eventually finish the game, but it gets a lot more boring to me after I've built the Statue of Liberty so give me a couple days.

What have I learned from all of this? Archipelagos make the game way too easy. For my next challenge I will simply try to win a Deity Victory on a Pangaea (or should I do continents?). I will still use China and go for Diplomacy, unless you think I would be better off with Arabia and I could still build the Mahabodhi Temple? I mainly go with China for the guaranteed Mahabodhi Temple, but the extra Eureka/Inspiration boost is awesome and the extra builder charge as well. China isn't a terrible civ to play for Diplomacy, I'm not just crazy here am I? lol (Another thing, if I DID go for Arabia, I still need to have a Holy Site, Shrine, and Temple before I can build the Mahabodhi Temple. So it's not like I save myself from needing those things, just no rush for them.)