1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

General noob question grab bag

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by FlorbFnarb, Mar 2, 2015.

1. ArchGhost

ArchGhost Prince

War heavy games can be this way, or those where you quickly eliminate your only(ish) neighbor and then settle out. i tend to whip courthouses when I know I'll be ending the game with a single continuous war as well, such as pushing everyone over with Cuir>Cav and mass numbers even if Rifles show up.

They are also important buildings where the idea is to settle out a lot of land before the AI comes overseas for it; maintenance can be crippling before Astro or State Property with 20+ cities. I do this on Earth18 all the time as any of the American continent civs but it's not exactly a standard game either, and as Lain has even shown in some games, letting them just settle around you even from off-continent you can still kill em all later so it's not like it's a priority. It just feels....neat, to be more self-sufficient I suppose.