Getting back into Civ V with BNW: Question

expat28

Chieftain
Good morning Civvys!

I haven't played Civ V since it was first released and want to purchase BNW and start playing again. The reviews look good. My question is:

Have the lag times between turns been fixed for late/long single player games?

I tend to like to play long, epic games and never could get much past a "Standard" eight civilizations map. Anything bigger seemed to take forever (or crash) between turns the further you got into the game. My dream is to play HUGE 12-player map deep into the game against the AI times 11. Is that possible now with BNW?

Thanks!

From what I've seen, it's better.

But doesn't the lag time also depend on your computer's specs as well?

From what I've seen, it's better.

But doesn't the lag time also depend on your computer's specs as well?

Not 100% sure. Before the game, seemed to struggle with processing all the unit moves and such at a certain point later in the game. I have a middle-of-the-line Alienware gaming desktop so I hope my system is not the bottleneck.

Good morning Civvys!

I haven't played Civ V since it was first released and want to purchase BNW and start playing again. The reviews look good. My question is:

Have the lag times between turns been fixed for late/long single player games?

I tend to like to play long, epic games and never could get much past a "Standard" eight civilizations map. Anything bigger seemed to take forever (or crash) between turns the further you got into the game. My dream is to play HUGE 12-player map deep into the game against the AI times 11. Is that possible now with BNW?

Thanks!

The load times are faster, especially when you load a new game. As for between turns time it is definitely more faster and more optimized than before. It can still take some time late game when you play on map with 12 civs. But overall I would say that the game does process faster than upon (vanilla) release.

Not 100% sure. Before the game, seemed to struggle with processing all the unit moves and such at a certain point later in the game. I have a middle-of-the-line Alienware gaming desktop so I hope my system is not the bottleneck.

Just because u spent way too much money doesn't mean that it's a good system. It's all marketing. So what is ur system?

I am also using an Alienware laptop the m13x,i7 with GT 555m and the turn time are reasonable. Make aure to update your drivers and turn on high performance mode and you should be fine:D

Top Bottom