Getting Crossfire to work....

Say_my_name

Warlord
I recently got myself a mostly new PC (everything except for the HDs is brandnew), and I'm now trying to setup my 2 graphics cards to run in crossfire mode. I have plugged a crossfire bridge in, but the option to activate crossfire doesn't even show up in my catalyst control center (where it should, according to the manual). Does anyone have an idea why? Is there any obvious step to setting up crossfire that I'm missing? I have already tried several different versions of drivers, but none of them works.

For reference, the cards I'm using are 2 MSI R4870 with 1GB of memory each, and my mainboard is an ASUS P5E Deluxe, and both of these support crossfire (according to the respective manuals.).

I suspected something like that. Where excatly do I find the relevant settings? A quick googling only told me that the Northbridge Conf. menu is somehow related, but the only setting there that I could change without stopping my pc from booting was "PEG Port Force x1", and that one didn't seem to do anything.

This setting runs your graphics port at 1x instead of the usual 16x.

Don't be put off by all the settings. It won't take you long to look at all of them on all the screens and subscreens.

Top Bottom