I have tried this multiple ways

Code:
<Units_XP2>
        <Update>
            <Where UnitType="UNIT_NORWEGIAN_BERSERKER"></Where>
            <Set ResourceCost="0"></Set>
        </Update>
    </Units_XP2>

Above does not have any in game effect. Even if I set the cost to 1, it does not update.

Code:
    <Units>
        <Update>
            <Where UnitType="UNIT_NORWEGIAN_BERSERKER"></Where>
            <Set Cost="150" Maintenance="2" ZoneOfControl="false" PromotionClass="PROMOTION_CLASS_RECON" BaseMoves="3" Combat="40" PrereqTech="TECH_MACHINERY" StrategicResource=""></Set>
        </Update>
    </Units>

Attempting to set the strategic resource as nothing, a blank space, or NULL also does not seem to have an effect.

Code:
<Replace UnitType="UNIT_NORWEGIAN_BERSERKER" Cost="150" Maintenance="2" BaseMoves="3" BaseSightRange="2" ZoneOfControl="false" Domain="DOMAIN_LAND" Combat="40" FormationClass="FORMATION_CLASS_LAND_COMBAT" PromotionClass="PROMOTION_CLASS_RECON" AdvisorType="ADVISOR_CONQUEST" Name="LOC_UNIT_NORWEGIAN_BERSERKER_NAME" Description="LOC_UNIT_NORWEGIAN_BERSERKER_DESCRIPTION" PurchaseYield="YIELD_GOLD" TraitType="TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_UNIT_NORWEGIAN_BERSERKER" PrereqTech="TECH_MACHINERY"></Replace>

Am I missing something ?

What about setting not only cost to NULL, but Resource to NULL as well? Then only the tech should matter.

Also, make sure you first save all files *and* Build your mod again, and then start a new game. This information will almost certainly NOT update in a save game.

My guy feel after reading another thread here is that if firaxis put something in with an update statement, that we modders cannot change anything relating to that statement. So in this case, changing the resource costs (and maintenance costs) is impossible without editing the game files themselves.

this is not a load order issue by any chance?

Only mod loaded. Same effect regardless of association with expansion packs. Other statements in the same file work fine.

EDIT - You my friend were correct. Having actually looked up what a load order issue is (ie not made an assumption that it was something related to having other mods being used) learning all about load orders and making one fixed the problem. Guess I look pretty dumb now lol.

What about setting not only cost to NULL, but Resource to NULL as well? Then only the tech should matter.

Also, make sure you first save all files *and* Build your mod again, and then start a new game. This information will almost certainly NOT update in a save game.

Tried no effect. Using a new game on every test

Last edited:
Top Bottom