Ghost City

I just installed the new patch, and was playing a game when one of my new cities is gone! Just bare earth. Name is there, city works, but the graphic is missing.

I have the same issue only when I used MODS. By the way how do I download the latest patch?

I had this same problem but I managed to fix this (For information purposes I am using steam to run this game)
1: Right click the name of the game on your Steam Library and click on "properties"
2:Click on the tab which says "Local Files"
3: Click on "Verify integrity of game cache..." This should search for any faulty files in the game cache and if it finds any it reacquires them from Steam.

This worked for me and now I can see my cities again!
I hope this helped, Happy Gaming!

I've seen this kind of bug before, but in the past reloading the game solved it. I tried to post the save file, but it's just above the max size the forum allows. Suggestions?

I've seen this kind of bug before, but in the past reloading the game solved it. I tried to post the save file, but it's just above the max size the forum allows. Suggestions?

Create a zip file. They have larger size limits.

OK, I also see that Funchal's city graphics are missing. This is a known bug that's been around since the original release of the game. I'll merge this thread with the existing one in the Confirmed Bugs forum. According to that thread, the issue might fix itself when the city grows larger. Thanks for taking the time to report this problem.

Still no fix for this? i tried all the tricks here and my city is not showing.

There was no notable event the turn it did dissapear too. No new building, no expansion, was just random it seems

Still no fix?

Playing with all addons and expansions and using a few mods. Worked well for 400 turns then my capital was gone from map :mad:

i dont have this bug happen until mid to late game. and it only appears for newly founded cities and city states, reloading saves doesnt fix. but i have not seen a substantial size already established city disappear, just CS and any new founded city. can anyone shed any light on what is happening? is there some limit to number of cities with graphics the game code can display?

i have a quad core cpu and dual graphics one of my gpu has 2gb of its own vram and i have 8gb of ram tho i understand the game probably doesnt use as much ram as i have. i am just curious as to why some cities and CS vanish from view. im guessing its not secret stealth tech not available to the player to research :D

Top Bottom