Gif-extractor

Gaius

Chieftain
Is anybody outside, who could develop extractor for Colonization ss-files! if You take a second to think, then Youll ´understand that will give a chance to exploit the whole game to infinitive just like Civ2 has been. So please let me know. And one more thing, has anybody done some heavy hex-editing on the files, what did they find? :confused:

I found a really nice peace called Resource Hacker in Net, which lets me peek into exe & dll etc. kind of files and get pictures, icons and cursors from these files. However it works only for win32 type.
So, has anybody ever seen similar prog for DOS programs. I still would like to hack these bloody SS files and create my own scenarios (for xample in Africa!).:scan:

Too bad. :( It would've been fun if you could tweak Colonization a bit. Like changing the images. ;)

would it work to use something like reshac on the windows 95 version of the game? it uses 32 bits exe and dll files doesnt it? i dont know for certain, but perhaps mods for colonization could be created this way.

Nope. It is still just really a 16 bit application meant for Windows 3.1- sorry though, because it would be great if someone could hack this puppy apart. I have to tell that Colonization for windows is simply the only way to go...it rocks, even though I have played the DOS version for a long time...ColWin rocks...

ARE THERE ANY GOOD COLONIZATION SITES!

I have not been able to find much...please post if you know of any.

John

Top Bottom