Give me Terraforming!

Chizzy

Chieftain
Civ 2 Had it, Alpha Centauri had it, and it was just about perfect. Why can't I in civ 3 be able to build mountains, fill in sea and coastal squares, abolish hills, ect?

I want the old dynamite/explosives discovery regressed to it's civ 2 equivelent, maybe we can try hypno therapy!

You can do it with nukes, but its comlicated and limited and must be micromanaged. There is a tread about this somewhere, but search is diabled...

hey that sounds good you can build hills and other things like that- i've been playing Rollercoaster tycoon and you can alter terrain provided you have adequate money. In Civ 3C we could have this as gold?

I really disliked terraforming in Civ2. I think that was the worst feature.

Sure I abused it in Civ2 by turning everything to farmland to maximize my city size. But the landscape looked horrible, like a bad tie, much like it does now in Civ3 with nappy silver rails all over.

The most unrealistic about the terraforming ability in Civ2 was that I could make my entire nation into a grassland.

with civ 2 what terraforming could, and could not do was completely up to the rules, which were much easier to tweak than in civ 3. it was very easy to make the rules strange and unusual, like rail across the ocean, or very acurate, like changing mountian into hills over a forty turn period. With the rules that easy to customize, everybody could have it as realistic as they wished, or as unrealistic as they wished.
Alpha centauri though had by far the greatest terraforming ability ever. with land values that could be raised or lowered, and ocean vales that could be raised or lowered, witht he resulting changes affecting the local weather and rainfall rate averages. It was just awesomely perfect.

Chizzy

Top Bottom