GMR Into The Renaissance

I am curious to see what kind of damage the Atlantic Fleet of England has done to my forces that are holding Gibraltar...

I am curious to see what kind of damage the Atlantic Fleet of England has done to my forces that are holding Gibraltar...

Oh we're due for a story update here in any case....

Since last time...

Austria is now more or less Greater Sweden, and France is a City State led by a nobody named Napoleon.

The Joint Conclave (England and Celts) struggle on against the other S superpower - Spain. The Conclave may or may not have the upper hand against Spain. Spain has proven to be very tough.

In the Golden Horn, the unbelievers (you know, both sets of them) continue to engage in an epic battle of five armies - Sweden, Byzantium and England are determined to fulfill their vow to push the Muslims out...we will see if that happens.

Russia? The Great Bear continues to just sleep away up there. We think.

As for the Moors....well, Gibraltar is fine Caliph...for now. However, I'm willing to reutrn the Rabat to you by way of an intermediary we are not at war with if you so desire, as a show of thanks for your honesty.

Attachments

• News from Rabat.jpg
    News from Rabat.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 251
I, the Caliph of Moors, underestimated the cunning of the English, we never thought of defending the city of Rabat, that was away from the conflict area around Gibraltar...

We do not need a false show of thanks from the English, taking our city and offering to return it back is an insult! We will take what is ours by the strength of our Camel Archers!

We also warn you that your ragged Mediterranean fleet will only find death and destruction if they approach our new town of Granada!

(OOC: it would not make much sense for England to give back Rabat to me, I made the decision to join the war so I am OK to pay the price)

Caliph, you dared to revoke our treaty - one sealed with vows, and one that should have lasted 1,000 years - and now you come at me with wilted threats delivered with a dose of camel's breath?!

Both you and the heretical Spanish will die together! Also, Rabat is now christian territory. Attempt to seize it at your peril.

Also, fair warning. My parliament at Westminister has decreed that all your cities that have harbors are now also christian territory. You seem to believe my fleet is ragged...I welcome you to stay then, and greet my administrators when they arrive.

The cowardly English captains on their Ship of the Lines, stay outside the range of our Camel Archers! Then they go and look for civilians to slaughter! We will never forget what you did to the families that were in search for a new land to settle. You will pay for your war crimes!

Caliph of Moors

Our cities captured, our children enslaved. Yet we do not regret the day we tried to close the gates of Mediterranean to the English ships! Those infidels are spilling in to the lands of the pious Muslims. We sacrificed everything to try and stop them and we failed. But we hope our brothers will defeat them and then our fallen can rest in peace knowing that their sacrifice was not in vain...

Caliph of Moors

OOC: At the risk of stating the obvious, Camel Archers are really not useful when fighting English Ship of the Lines :p I am managing to re-capture my cities, but there is no point in doing so while there is a huge English Navy waiting to recapture them..

Verily I say to you Caliph of the Moors, my quarrel has never been with you.

Note my decision to leave Fez I believe in one piece. I did not miss that naval presence I assure you.

I also left alive your very brave pikeman, and the commanding officer of the Iberian Garrison. They may return to Africa, and I will not harm them. You have my word.

I was also left with no choice but to fire on your company of pikes about to retake your city. It was an attempt to induce an attack of reason. You should parley with the Dutch, and take your cities back by diplomacy if at all possible, perhaps.

Speaking of which. To my mind, this conflict is over. I shall not return Gibraltar, or your Iberian holdings. Those are forfeit. Now, let us make peace, before I find occasion to chase you to the gates of Marrakesh and beyond!

=====

To the accursed Ayyubid Caliph and the foolish Turkish Caliph:

Caliph EEE. Your crimes against Christendom are legion. The suffering and lament you have caused is vast. There is no mercy in this world for you. Prepare to be sent to the next!

Caliph Mico: Since you have recently come to power, let me offer you this. You have depended on that broken crescent for protection thus far. See what has happened to you - that weak willed scimitar isn't fit to reap grain. Surrender, accept the one true faith, and allow us to liberate Jerusalem. Then, and only then may you and your house be spared further damage.

I assure you, before long, we shall eliminate the need for the title Sharif of the Hejaz.

Wow, forgot about this thread here. The game is finally coming to an end, last ~20 turns now and England is clearly winning... I managed to improve the Moors' situation but still behind Ayyubids and Byzantium and way behind England.

Anyway, it is amazing that this game is not abandoned and will be completed in a little bit over 5 years! I am not sure if any of the original players are still in (I joined in the middle of the game, like 2-3 years ago :p ), but it is still impressive to see a game last this long.

Last edited:
Well, *active* may be pushing it. My troops are on alert against one final Swedish push, but otherwise...

Update on "Into the Renaissance...Redux!" http://multiplayerrobot.com/Game#28268

For many turns Russia was played by AI as the original player had to leave all of his GMR games due to RL priorities (he had a baby) and even though we got a player to fill the position later, once the Mongols became active, @anonymous26 that plays Mongols did quick work of Russia, that was weakened by poor management under AI control. We are at turn 72 every other civ seems to be alive, for the moment at least...

The original game of this thread took about 7 years to complete, we will see how long this one takes...

Top Bottom