GMR Into The Renaissance

I don't think he pays attention to the thread anymore. But ouch Primeval that is a move I probably wont recover from.

Peace offer sent Fofferan. A counter offer if you can think of reasonable terms.

If someone could ally themselves with the Vatican City, Spain would be in your debt.

I don't think he pays attention to the thread anymore. But ouch Primeval that is a move I probably wont recover from.

Peace offer sent Fofferan. A counter offer if you can think of reasonable terms.

If someone could ally themselves with the Vatican City, Spain would be in your debt.

What did Byzantium do? He made ally of Vatican then dowed you?:eek:

@Foffaren: we are counting on you. Support will arrive next turn.:goodjob:

A note to all the world leaders, the undead Byzantium may have made a deal with the evil England. We suspect Byzantium gifting their UU to England and England upgrade to their UU. We've spotted at least two Ship of Lines inside the Mediteranian Sea, which sounds impossible when 'Arab' firmly controls the straight (forgot how to spell the name :p)

Yeah he got a successful coup off in Vatican and Genoa, then DoW.

The siege on Austria is also having a negative effect.

It was a shockingly bad turn. :cringe:

Yeah he got a successful coup off in Vatican and Genoa, then DoW.

The siege on Austria is also having a negative effect.

It was a shockingly bad turn. :cringe:

So that's what that was. I noticed Vatican, but not Genoa. Don't you have an army though? o.o

Alas poor Austria. History shows we asked them very nicely to go eslewhere you know.

What did Byzantium do? He made ally of Vatican then dowed you?:eek:

@Foffaren: we are counting on you. Support will arrive next turn.:goodjob:

A note to all the world leaders, the undead Byzantium may have made a deal with the evil England. We suspect Byzantium gifting their UU to England and England upgrade to their UU. We've spotted at least two Ship of Lines inside the Mediteranian Sea, which sounds impossible when 'Arab' firmly controls the straight (forgot how to spell the name :p)

Ah, another fallen Catholic cries in lamentation; release your fertile imagination, there will be no help coming from the broken scimitar.

Yes, it is true. The ablest navigators of the English Crown, seeking indulgences from the holy father headed off to Byzantium to fulfill God's work. We will not rest, and we will not relent. If the heathens are wise, they will withdraw from Orthodox lands, and hand Jerusalem over to its rightful owners.

If not they will find their heads wrapped up in their banners, as they float silently into the maws of the leviathans.

(I still do love and watch this thread, I've just been unable to post anything without giving away state secrets for months o.o)

I do. A really strong one. Still a 3v1 is going to go bad. And I am not sure what you and your allies will do once Austria and France have fallen.

Yes, it is true. The ablest navigators of the English Crown, seeking indulgences from the holy father headed off to Byzantium to fulfill God's work. We will not rest, and we will not relent. If the heathens are wise, they will withdraw from Orthodox lands, and hand Jerusalem over to its rightful owners.

If not they will find their heads wrapped up in their banners, as they float silently into the maws of the leviathans.

(I still do love and watch this thread, I've just been unable to post anything without giving away state secrets for months o.o)

Constantinople is a death trap. Come and taste the same bitterness as we did in our first attempt to siege.

Everybody is talking about the great fortress of constantinople, and I have problem taking a little city on a corner of the mediteranean :wallbash::D:D

Everybody is talking about the great fortress of constantinople, and I have problem taking a little city on a corner of the mediteranean :wallbash::D:D

There there. If it makes you feel better I hear you're famed for your strong economy...I'm so horridly poor half the time.:(

Hi kids!

I am not really back; just visiting.

Hey EEE boy!

Things are good, I've just finished for the school year, and I have ten weeks off, because I decided to retrain next year, and my course doesn't start till Late February. ...in...computer programming, over at Massey, close to us. So I get to be student / dad next year. Good stuff.

How are you? Are you Beyond Earthing?

I wonder if any of my abandoned GMR games are still going...

Hey EEE boy!

Things are good, I've just finished for the school year, and I have ten weeks off, because I decided to retrain next year, and my course doesn't start till Late February. ...in...computer programming, over at Massey, close to us. So I get to be student / dad next year. Good stuff.

How are you? Are you Beyond Earthing?

I wonder if any of my abandoned GMR games are still going...

Progamming is cool! :cool:
I'm good, but not beyond earth.
Your scarcity is still going, me fighting Tabarnak :sad: others may have been finished.

January 7th, 1411 AD

Somewhere off the coast of Edirne listening to reports from abroad...

"My King, grave news has reached us from the continent!"

"Speak freely then!"

"The accursed Ayyubids have come to aid of the Austrian heathens, and taken up arms once again against the faithful Swedes! Also, we intercepted a letter..the rulers of Antwerp were have found to have deposed of their pious counterparts - with the aid of Spanish agents!"

"You cannot be serious. How have my lords responded to this aggression?"

"They were glad to report the treacherous French have been vanquished; our Norman heritage has been restored. As for the traitorous burghers of Antwerp, Cologne is now in command and will exercise regency going forward. Perhaps one day they will become a state in itself...no, it would surely never work. The Swedes have been sent ample men and material from the Joint Conclave to help in their just cause."

"Good. While we are masters just of half an island, and yet we make ourselves feared by Spain, by France, by the Empire, By all."

"Ah yes, Spain. What has been done there to punish them for their interference in Antwerp's affairs?"

"My King, the lords have insisted on leveling a penance upon Spain for their insolence...we will see how that progresses."

*hears somber chanting coming from the sailors quarters, and snatches of song from across the sea*

"Admiral de Laybourn! What is going on out there?!"

"It appears the Byzantine sailors are singing my King..but, I cannot understand it..."

*hears a slight cough from the Byzantine Ambassador*

"It is a chant of celebration sire...for on this day we celebrate the entry of our Christ into this world..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgVK3ruQks0

*everyone listens intently to the Byzantine carol as night falls*

=====

A belated Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Merry Christmas to all! :xmastree:

It's been great playing with all of you over the last few years and I hope everyone has a wonderful 2015!

I knew it was going to happen but it doesn't make it less aggravating. :sad::aargh:[pissed]

What I don't get is what Sweden is getting out of this deal.

"Hey look, Mongols and Ayubbids! Go get 'em champ!"

I knew it was going to happen but it doesn't make it less aggravating. :sad::aargh:[pissed]

What I don't get is what Sweden is getting out of this deal.

"Hey look, Mongols and Ayyubids! Go get 'em champ!"

Well....very OCC...:

As I alluded to back in September when Foffaren was criticizing game balance, this game is shocking well balanced for multiplayer, when it was never even built for that. I'd argue from a North-west perspective not getting the benefits from Protestantism was a handicap, that we've somewhat mitigated with cooperation.

The reason why I never though the Spanish point benefits were game breaking (but rather, ideal) was because of where they come in the time line - they effectively make Spain a target at a time where one can do something about it, and engage them in a zero sum game with the rest of the board. Being Spain is seemingly all about being prepared to engage in rear guard actions to protect the lead the game gives you. Call it a point trade off for all the extra unwanted attention you'll be receiving. Its a tough one to play.

As for whatelse Sweden is getting...well, you'll have to ask them. :king:

....BIC:

"Sire, you will pay for meddling in Antwerp's affairs!"

Top Bottom