Goddess of the Harvest provides far too much faith

alpaca

King of Ungulates
I've seen this in at least two games since the fall patch was released

Before chopping:
20161119223239_1.jpg

And after:
20161119223242_1.jpg

According to the description, I should get an amount of faith equal to production (59 in this case). In reality, I get 7 times as much. The discrepancy seems to become more pronounced as the game draws on.

It may be related to game speed, in what speed do you play?
I don't think chopping in general is adjusted for game speed. I play on standard, for the record. Do you see something different when trying the pantheon?

I don't think chopping in general is adjusted for game speed.
It's not, I'm tracking game speed scaling issues and it's one of them.

It would be hilarious, and sad, if they made the faith from Goddess of the Harvest scale with game speed but not the chopping itself. :)

It's not, I'm tracking game speed scaling issues and it's one of them.

It would be hilarious, and sad, if they made the faith from Goddess of the Harvest scale with game speed but not the chopping itself. :)

I am fixing all of them. I've fixed tons regarding game speed scaling. Tourism, Religion, Barbarian spawning, barbarian boldness, on and on.

I am doing more work on scaling this morning.

It multiplies the bonus per city. 2 cities = 2 times faith. 3 cities = 3 times faith, etc.

It multiplies the bonus per city. 2 cities = 2 times faith. 3 cities = 3 times faith, etc.

Yep, I wasn't aware of it. I've tried fixing it, and have been unable to so far. :(

So its working as designed now. They just need to correct the in-game documention to note that the amount of Faith provided is the harvest yield multiplied by the current number of cities.

It's a good reason to focus on faith exclusively, until one can choose "Goddess of the Harvest" as one's Pantheon belief.

Seriously, I really wanted to choose this belief to see how well it would work in comparison to other faith generating beliefs. Now, I'm not so sure I want that much faith. There are plenty of legitimate ways of generating massive amounts of faith, like a Holy Site as the first district in every city, building all religious buildings and using all policies that maximize faith.

Last edited:
Top Bottom