Gods and Kings

david1806

Warlord
Hi...
I have just bought Civ V, Gods and Kings version through Steam. I didn't even realise at the time of purchase it was coming with the add-on!! So I now know that I have Civ V and the add-on G&K, but I believe there is another add-on, Brave New World - do you think this would be included as well, and if not, does it really matter?
Thanks in advance

The easiest way to check is to find the DLC option in the menu and see what you have available. Both G&K and BNW are considered DLC by the game.

As far as enjoyment goes, I would say it doesn't matter. I had fun with G&K. BNW adds more options and transforms the game in many ways, but that doesn't mean that G&K isn't fun.

Thanks BT, though I have a question now that might make you cringe - I keep seeing the abbreviation DLC, sorry, but what does it stand for?

I know, I know......

:crazyeye:

Oh my days!!! I just checked the DLC thingy and wow, it would seem I do have the BNW add-on, plus a load of other stuff - Explorers Map Pack, Genghis Kahns Mongolia and load of other nation doo-dahs, a Scrambles Nations and Continents Map Pack, and Wonders of the Ancient World. I don't know what any of those are, but now I need to find a PDF Game Manual for BNW.

I am well pleased - I honestly thought I only had G&Ks - thanks for that Mr.Took!!!

And if anyone needs the BNW Manual, I found a version that can be converted to PDF here:
http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/235580/manuals/CIV_V_BNW_PC_ONLINE_MANUAL_ENG.pdf

Last edited:
DLC stands for DownLoadable Content. These days, it's shorthand for anything you can get for the game from the publisher other than the base game.

Top Bottom