[C3C] Golden Age Lincoln w/Universal Suffrage

Jivilov

Prince
Just wonder if anybody else got a Golden Age as Americans after building Universal Suffrage. That's what happened to me in a recent Continents game (Standard map) on Emperor. The Civopedia sez only Agricultural civs get just a chance for one if they build it, but Lincoln is Expansionist and Industrious. Weird, no?

Not weird at all. When you complete a wonder, it is checked whether all your wonders do suffice for triggering a golden age. So that does include all your wonders, even those built by AI, but conquered by you. :)

Many thanks justanick. Been playing Civ3 for over 15 years and didn't know that. Sheesh! BTW this was the first time I tried beelining Literature to build the GL. Kept me in the hunt until Pachacuti was dumb enough to sell me horses to make Knights for beating up on Carthage's Numidian Mercenaries. Having grabbed Hannibal's horse supply Lincoln's enterprise grew exponentially, eventually winning a Domination in 1830 AD.

EDIT: Seems I'm not alone. Even Theov wasn't aware of this until recently:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/strange-triggering-of-golden-age-with-wonders.86585/

Last edited:
yeah that was weird when that happened,
it's also quite rare to happen
And you need to understand how GAs happen; new players will just take the info "your GA has started, wise men say" and move on without questioning 'why'.

Just got another GA as Americans in a current game. This time it was from building Theory of Evolution (I'd already captured Copernicus' Observatory which corresponds to the Expansionist trait). However Americans are Expansionist and Industrious, while ToE corresponds only to Scientific Civs. So how did this happen?

Every time you build a wonder it is checked if all your wonders together fulfill all your traits. So if you capture the pyramids and copernicus, then your traits are fulfilled and once you build any wonder your GA can trigger if it has not occured before.

Every time you build a wonder it is checked if all your wonders together fulfill all your traits. So if you capture the pyramids and copernicus, then your traits are fulfilled and once you build any wonder your GA can trigger if it has not occured before.
Ah, so THAT'S it. Thought you had to build at least one of your trait's Wonders on your own. Fortunately had captured Pyramids earlier as well. Thanks for your prompt and concise reply.

Top Bottom