20190629175044_1.jpg
    742.2 KB · Views: 2,373
  • Osmanen_1_1.Civ6Save
    2.7 MB · Views: 179
Pathfinding does not work correctly:

Spoiler :

You can move on the bridge ...

... but you can't traverse it

In truth the pathfinding does work correctly as you have a cliff face at the other side of the "bridge".
Not having been able to build the GG yet nor read the Civilipedia article on it does it actually work as a bridge or is it just a stat booster?
I ask this as no other bridge in the game spans three hexes only two. If it does work as a bridge then this is a bug as you should either not have been allowed to build there or this wonder should have been coded to allow passage thru the cliff side.

Well, there are cliffs on both ends of the bridge so it is strange that the unit is allowed to enter the bridge tile from one side but cannot leave it on the other side.

Well, there are cliffs on both ends of the bridge so it is strange that the unit is allowed to enter the bridge tile from one side but cannot leave it on the other side.
The Bridge blocked my view of the entre side cliffs, I did look but missed the cliffs on that hex side( combination of a cataract and the gridlines not on).
Found this description in the GS features thread:

Golden Gate Bridge: Land Units can cross without needed to embark, acts as a modern road, and adds modern roads on the adjacent two land tiles. City Gains + Amenities, + Appeal for their tiles, + Tourism from Improvements and National Parks.

Built on a coastal tile between two flat land tiles, with two water tiles next to them. Cannot be built on a lake.
Not sure what the bolded part means, but if it means two non cliff tiles then you should not have been allowed to build there.
I will observe that the pathfinding you showed was the path you would be allowed to take if the entre hex was not a cliff face.

Last edited:
Bump, just built the GG for myself and made sure to place it between two non cliffside hexes, found something interesting, the cliffs in your entre hex are part of the bridges graphics not a cliff face for that hex.
If you're still able to zoom in on the bridge and you will see what I mean.
This is still a bug, as you should not have been able to build the GG if the cliffs were going to block movement. However the pathing is correct and is not a bug in this case.

So it is not a pathfinding bug but a placement bug if I understand it correctly.

Thank you for the save! Taking a look.

Hi there, I recently played a game where I really needed the Golden Gate Bridge to get some troops across a small straight of water, but the cliffs still wouldn’t let my troops across, so the Ottomans razed my city before I could defend myself.

Any news on this bug? Here’s hoping there will be a third DLC with some cool new mechanic, that also fixes this persistent little bug!

This bug seems to be unsolved until today.
Spoiler :

Attachments

• 20210605153457_1.jpg
    20210605153457_1.jpg
    704.2 KB · Views: 441
Top Bottom