Got a religion question...

brandonjm8

Chieftain
I have a quick question regarding religion, currently playing Rise & Fall expansion, in my current game the AI were able to convert my main cities to their religion thus nearly eliminating my own, there must be a way to build missionaries of my own religion and not of theirs so I can build up my own within my cities, how? So far, I can only build missionaries etc of the AI's religion so I need to figure out how to build my own religions missionaries etc, there must be a way...

Thanks for any and all help o/

If you have a city where your religion is in majority, then build a holysite there if there isn't one.
If you don't have one, it is likely your religion never recovers.

One way to recover your religion that might work depending on the amount of people following you religion, is to declaree war on AI civs spreading their religion and killing their missionaries and other religious units in or near your territory. This works only if your religion has a high following.
Another way would be to conquer a city that has your religion in majority.

that sucks... :(

damn AI had missionaries+apostles right away and I was last to get a religion 😠 I don't have any cities with majority my religion, ones tied at 3 of each but game won't let me build any missionaries etc whatsoever... guess I'll have to just kill their apostles or something 🤷‍♂️

thanks o/

It is quite possible for a religion to be extirpated, which seems to be what has happened to you. When the AI is trying to convert your cities, it is a good idea to have some inquisiitors in hand.

indeed, unfortunately this playthrough a couple AI's got early access to religious units in big numbers, there wasn't much I could do about it being last to get my own religion which tends to happen if I can't get Stonehenge etc.

If a religion has been wiped out, I believe the only way to reintroduce it is through rock bands with the Religious Rock promotion. That said, if you are late to the Great Prophet race, it can be useful to defer on founding a religion until you have a number of holy sites (either your own or by way of conquest). Founding a religion automatically converts all cities with a holy site, so this can give you a suitable buffer.

I've yet to see this "Religious Rock" promotion in my games, must be really rare 🤷‍♂️

As far as declaring war against AI's early religious unit rush seems to be the best route indeed.

Thanks guys o/ :)

An article on it. If in going down the Rock Band route, I normally use the Hallyu Policy Card. The options are just too varied to be of much use, so I slot that in so my RBs can do what I want them to (usually, "Goes to 11" or "Indie").

Top Bottom