Got my path messed up in Nexus, can't remember how to get it right again

Pazyryk

Deity
I somehow got my Nexus asset path all screwed up. It was fine, then after messing about for a while it now points somewhere else. The wiki is not helping me out...

2. Using Regedit set HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/FIRAXIS/Tools/ToolAssetPath to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v (if using Vista/Windows 7) or C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v if using XP.

I checked this. It's not a Regedit problem.

3. Open Nexus - set the asset directory to be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization as well.

How?????? I get the error on startup: "Description: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\<totally wrong path>'. But I can't see any way within the application to change this.

Hopefully you figured this out already...

But I can't see any way within the application to change this.

It only comes up at first launch.

I had the same problem once... but I'm not sure I remember what I did. Did you edit the AssetPath key in HKCU\Software\Firaxis\Nexus\Viewer? It should be the root of your CiV installation folder. i.e.,
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v (if using Vista/Windows 7) or C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v if using XP.

If that doesn't work, you might just want to reinstall the SDK.

Top Bottom