[Vanilla] GOTM 130 - Final Spoiler, Game submitted

Deckhand

Procrastination at its finest
GOTM Staff
:STAY OUT: :deadhorse:
unless you have submitted or abandoned gotm130. :deal:

Did you have fun?
How did you win?
How many units met their demise at the hands of your minions?

How advanced were the new world civs? How much had they expanded? Many barbarians remaining? Any huts?

Yes, it was a lot of fun.... I haven't had a Civ fix in ages.

I won via a space victory, in 1732ad. I ended up killing all but one of the AI on my continent. The stats say I killed 232 units....that's a lot more than it felt like TBH.

The new world was laughable.... I gave one of them Monotheism when I met to get +4 relations.... I was researching Steel or something like that. There were multiple barb cities over there, and to be honest I think the barbs had a tech lead on the 2 AI so they weren't losing their cities any time soon, one of those cities was clearly captured from the northern AI.

Thanks for the game DH.... I will make the next one.

I was trying to milk the game for score, but as it started to pick up I kind of accidentally hit domination in 1547AD. I wiped out all AIs from the home continent, 68 cities total in the end. I never bothered much with ultra-mar, I sent over some explorers on caravels and had some hope of popping astro from a hut, but it was guarded by barbs. Toku and Wash were very backward indeed.

Fun game, thanks!

Edit: seems I killed 263 units btw.

Last edited:
I åöaued the first half of the game like dom. nut slow waiting for cats. Got too tedious, and switched to culture since I had many religions and a bid tech lead. 1772, which is ok, but would have been faster with a leaner military and better GA focus. I could have shaved 6t if my last GP was a GA, but got GSci instead. So burned some pop to get a GA to save 3t. Jesusin would be ashamed, but I am just happy to finish amd submit a game for once.

åöaued :dubious: :dunno:

Spoiler played :
is "åöau" just a typo
maybe "play" typed with some kind of shift key on some kind of svedish keyboard?
or fingers at wrong place?

consonants? I don't need no stinkin' consonants!

Hand shifted on the keyboard. Meant to say played... as in, I got played.

Appreciated the game DH, and the extra time to deal with the sprawling map.

How can you non-tediously go back and count enemy units killed?

Really pleased Neil is going to keep it going.

Appreciated the game DH, and the extra time to deal with the sprawling map.

How can you non-tediously go back and count enemy units killed?

Really pleased Neil is going to keep it going.
Only way I know is to "Total all counts in the Killed column of the F9 Statistics tab."
And I'm also looking forward to playing a gotm.
Spoiler :
neilmeister tends to disappear for long stretches and then resurface
Spoiler :
as have I the last year or so, but his absences are usually longer
maybe he will see this and show up sometime :mischief:

Top Bottom