Gotm 58

Fortunately, the Greeks decided to defend Athens, so poison wasn't necessary in my game. Espionage seemed far away when I posted the question, but I will probably get it pretty soon anyway.

To the person who designed this map! It is the most challenging game I have played in years. After reading DoM's description of the map, 30x250, I decided to see if I could make it to the "farside"! As the map unveiled itself, the deviousness of its designer became even more obvious. Without giving away too many hints, I have to say that the landmass configuration is brilliant. In my game, its 1916 and the Apollo crew has just send back pixs of earth. (Kind of like the stories of the German Panzers pushing east in Russia in 1942, covering vast distances, yet no end in sight). And looking back on the entire map plus, the Spainish yet to be conquered, the map is just plain good!! The mix of land and water is really evil genius!!! Well done!:goodjob:

I am at 1660, with an end in sight. I hope that I might have an extension through next weekend.

Thanks,

-grigor

Hmmm.... nothing from Carrot or Uruwashi? They posted in the spoiler, and it sounded like they finished. and Bruderpetrus..? Golem..? ...Old n Slow?

I just sent mine Peaster. Usually Monday or Tuesdays are the nights that I have free time. I downloaded Game 59 last saturday... I may start playing tonight, hopefully my old computer doesnt keep crashing...

I'm at 1916 & halfway through the Mongols -- should be through them in two to three turns. Have a few future techs and over $30K -- just need more engineers to get the RR & go faster.

One nice thing about late game conquests -- the targets are EVERYWHERE!

I have launched my spaceship, but not finished the game. Will probably play the last 15 turns soon. Post launch for me is just a Ghandi-style, non-violent period of growth anyway...

got to conquer the spanish and the vikings.

would need to play one more day but...

today we move to a new office. my job is to save the database and i will get back home on friday afternoon. saturday is my birthday and wednesday will be the day to go on holiday.

i am absolutely unable to finish in time.

reached my second goal and will finish this one "some day". what a really great map. thanks for that.

could hand my saves in if you want

Attachments

• lost mp.jpg
    lost mp.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 237
I am at 1758 - not yet finished but am still working toward it. Hoping for lenience from Duke.

have only recently discovered this forum

this sounds like a fantastic game, but the archived games on the site don't seem to go this far back

does anyone have a copy of the starting saved game they could send me?

also any favourite GOTMs to recommend? (gotm100 onward are archived on the site)

have only recently discovered this forum

this sounds like a fantastic game, but the archived games on the site don't seem to go this far back

does anyone have a copy of the starting saved game they could send me?

also any favourite GOTMs to recommend? (gotm100 onward are archived on the site)

Excellent question about the archived games and i wonder the same. It seems that about half of the games or maybe one third are still downloadable from the link on the game description page. I have played and logged several of them over the past couple years and included within this, i am currently playing the hotly contested gotm 177 and just posted a 1ad save here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/gotm-177-spoiler.567948/page-6 .

To answer your question about this particular game (GOTM 58), someone else might have a download or know how to access it, but i don't.

Thanks Wild Pony. I will have a look at 177. I have had some luck finding early games on Wayback Machine. But not 58.

I have all the games I have played or designed. I suppose we can start a new thread for select GOTMs and I can upload them there.

Top Bottom