Government based minor wonders

Xen

Magister
the idea is, that for every government/group of governments there is a optional minor wonder only buildible while under that government,and oly able to produce its benifits while you are under that government.The wonder stays even when(if) you change governments, and is ready to produce it benifits immediatlly when(if) you change back

Republic and Democracy-
senate buliding- a ampitheater type bulding, reduces corruption significantlly throughout empire, also makes people happy (they might actually be able to change the governments policy)

Monarcy and despotism-
Castle/fort- lets all cities/metropoli support 1 extra unit

Communism-
secret police building- "REDuces" ;) (covers up/beats up people till they shut up) dissent and unhappyness through out empire

Hmm how about the minor wonder will still be there but u wont get it's benefits while in a different form of government?
eg. say u built the senate building while in Democracy
when u switch to Monarchy, u no longer get the benefits of the Senate buidling..

I would actually propose that the minor Gov based wonder would have a high probability... say 70 to 80% of getting destroyed in the anarchy from switching governments. 100% chance of destruction if your Civ is religious. Call it a religious purging of the old order.

This is a kind of penalty. Since I could very easily see exploits springing up around this with people switching between governments (especially relgious civs with their 1 turn switch) building all the gov specific small wonders, and just bouncing back and forth.

@ chadda- thats the idea, you dont get the bonus if your not in that government

@ dexters- good idea, I never thought of that, as I rarelly play religious civs

Actually, in the editor, you can select which type of government can build certain improvements and wonders. So there you go. I saw that last year when I started playing with the editor, but haven't had the chance, in between computers to test it now. I imagine the building remains behind, you just need to government to build it.

but that dosent stop the effect once your out of the government type....

Oops, sorry, I guess I missed that before. yeah, that would be a great option....also buildings giving one the ability to build certain units. Sure the Military academy can build armies, but this could be modified so you can't build swordsman without a balcksmith or something like that.

Top Bottom