1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphic interface : different unit sizes

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Mike.doc, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Mike.doc

Mike.doc Warlord

I think it's an important thing.
    I wish more than two sizes for the units. The little one could be a group like the 15 mm figurines. Etc

2. Gre_Magus

Gre_Magus Manet

Do you mean two sizes for the graphic representations of the units? One small size, as seen in Civ 5 screenshots, and a larger size, like Civ 4?

3. madmike0

madmike0 Chieftain

I think unit sizes would be neat, but unnessessary. Having twenty small marines on a tile being showed as a unit, in comparison to like three huge tanks being expressed on a tile, would be more realistic, but again, unnessessary.

4. frekk

frekk Scourge of St. Lawrence

Someone will probably come up with something like that Blue Marble utility that lets you adjust scale of units and cities, remove clouds and so on.

5. the343danny

the343danny Emperor

It would be unnecessary if lowering unit size in Civ 4 did nothing, but it makes quite a difference whether you have 1 or 3 men per unit especially late game for turn speeds.

6. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

I can't figure out what this thread is talking about. Unit sizes like less men in a single unit, or do you want the units physically smaller, or what?

7. CivX

CivX Chieftain

confused

8. Mike.doc

Mike.doc Warlord

@CivX @ Bonafide 11
    I believed I was clear. My reference : Civ IV. Two sizes only for the units. One , big. The other, bigger. I was hoping one size little, numerous figures in a group, like in the figurine games. Perhaps this one is that we can seen in the Civ V screenshots. The second one, a little bigger, and so on. My advice is that the graphic interface has to be better so.

9. Shurdus

Shurdus Am I Napoleon?

I would like to see the option of units showing as one larger oversized unit like they did in Civ IV with single unit graphics turned on. This seems to me like being more pleasing to the eye and more useful than spotting a whole bunch of tiny little men who represent one platoon of units. I would prefer whatever catches the eye more clearly, but I would take it that a bunch of tiny men are harder to spot than one large model that seems like a chess-piece on a game board. It should be noticable and clear what the unit actually is first and foremost.