1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Issue

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Technical Support' started by Carl5872, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Carl5872

Carl5872 Prince

Not sure what the cause is, but my leader graphics are messed up. Some of the hair of most leaders is missing leaving a lot (including the women) looking partially bald.

Any idea how to fix?

2. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

Without detailed information about your system, the usual suggestions apply - make sure graphics drivers are updated, verify integrity of game files via Steam, & delete the 3 sqlite files in the Cache folder.

3. Carl5872

Carl5872 Prince

How do you verify the integrity of the game?

4. Laurana Kanan

Right-click on the game in your Steam library, select <Properties>, click on the <LOCAL FILES> tab, & then click on <VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES>. Again without knowing your hardware setup, and assuming you meet the minimum requirements, you could also try lowering your graphic settings to see if that helps.

5. WildeComputers

WildeComputers Warlord Supporter

Try disabling the leader animation and see if the graphics improve.

6. Laurana Kanan

:rolleyes:

7. WildeComputers

WildeComputers Warlord Supporter

Not mutually exclusive. I have had this issue before on my PC. I have found it is (in my case) due to my GPU overheating. I did not adjust any other graphics setting, just disabled the leader animation. My graphics card is a GeForce GTX 750 Ti.

8. Carl5872

Carl5872 Prince

Tried verifying the integrity and Peter was still bald. Ill try lowering the graphics settings

9. Laurana Kanan

Hope you'll be able to solve the issue.
    The setting for Animated Leader Quality is part of the overall graphics settings. So it goes without saying that when I write "lowering your graphic settings", it includes lowering the Animated Leader Quality from High to either Medium, Low, or Disabled. This can either be done manually in game like all the other settings (i.e. piecemeal) or via a program like GeForce Experience, which changes the settings including Leader graphics, automatically via slider. So essentially what you wrote was rather redundant.