Graphics: Kal-el's Additional Wonder Splash Images

Originally posted by Kal-el
Its too bad there isn't something like the old civ2 eiffel tower, where by building it you could improve your relations with the other civs.

Hi, Kal-el,
I've been working on a mod and there's a bunch of new small+great wonders, but I've beem too sure I'd mess up new gfx, so these are a goddessend! Thanks! :)
I was thinking, maybe for an Eiffle Tower old skool civ2 type wonder you could just give it a real high cultural value. This might not make the world leaders more friendly per se, but as your culture goes up, so does the opinion of the other's civs citizens (more likely to flip to your rule, etc). Like I gave the Mannyhanny Project a -15 culture/turn value to reflect the natural repulsion towards nuclear weapons/winter. Nuclear plants, a lesser cultural penalty, as well. Just some thoughts...
And as far as Ihmotep's idea about the war on terrorism wonder for reducing war weariness, etc, maybe it could also be called "Universal SOMA Distribution Inc." cuz that's all the war on terrorism amounts if all we can find are empty shells and dead civilians: an opiate for the masses.
Or the "Big Brother" wonder. ;)

Left hand or forehead?

Nashville, Tennessee, has a replica of the ancient Parthenon. It is quite large, and has a large replica of the statue of Athena inside as well. Here is a link to a site with some pics: Nashville's Parthenon
Perhaps some of these can be used as wonder splashes?

Top Bottom