[GRAPHICS/PYTHON] Religious HUD

Some Uploads for seZereth since I cannot attach to a PM. Others who are interested in making nice HUDs can of course feel free to download the attachments as they desire.

This zip contains the CustomFunctions file, with some added commands so that you can load, refresh or clear the HUD more easily with chipotle commands. It also has an improved photoshop template for making new HUDs.

To get the HUDs to change while in the game for testing:

Open the Input Panel (~)
Type: import CustomFunctions
Type: cf = CustomFunctions.CustomFunctions()

Now you can call anything in the CustomFunctions.py file. The commands I added are:

cf.ClearHUD()
This will remove all the pieces which can be customized. Since the game will normally remove and add screens to move between City HUD and normal HUD, you have to enter this while viewing the screen you want to have cleared (so to see a blank City screen, you have to already be in City Detail Zoom when you enter the command).

cf.ReligiousHUD(#)
Enter any number in the () space, 1 through 7 get you a religion, anything else gets you the default view. (1=RoK, 2=AV, 3=Empy, 4=Esus, 5=Order, 6=FoL, 7=OO). Use 0 for a Test Screen setup.
I have it set up so that the screen will be blank initially. Just go into/out of the city screen or any other interface shift and it will show you the HUD again. Don't use Refresh Screen though or it'll clear the religious HUD you just set.

cf.RefreshScreen()
Puts the screen back to what it should be for current religion (or if you have default CvMainInterface.py still, back to default Firaxis)

The test screens should be placed in the folder: Assets/Art/Interface/Screens/Test, and be called "MainHud.tga" and "CityHud.tga". Each one ought to be the entire screen resolution (clipping it down will come later. If needed. I am pretty sure that it is required though, having the entire screen covered up SHOULD cause issues with clicking on buttons and junk. But might not (be nice if it didn't))

EDIT: Thanks for making the Fall Further version of the Python Mac. I had just been too lazy to do so myself until some better HUDs were created and Vehem failed to incorporate the new view directly into FF :) Ideally it will be in main FfH sometime soonish, but I would venture it won't be a part of the new version until a later patch.

Hmm...
I have absolute no knowledge of python.

and I cant get the imput window to show up. (all i can get is the chat window on "tab")

maybe because I have a german keyboard or something.
But should it be something like a console in half life :) ?
and do i have to enter debug mode`? and if so ... how?

On my keyboard the DebugMode(>) works when pressing "ö"(and if you have "chipotle" as cheat in your civ.ini), just write help to see all possible commands, it's case sensitive.
You however need the pythoninterpreter:
shift - "ö" for python interpreter(>>) then as xienwolf stated.

As Ploe stated, but didn't elaborate on:

To get the console up and enter commands, you will have to open your CIV4Config.ini and set the Cheatcode = 0 to state Cheatcode = chipotle.

Once you do that, you should be able to start entering the commands so that you can change the GUI on-the-fly

Posting to inform anyone interested that I will not be updating via this thread anymore. I have added the Relgious HUDs as a Game Option in my MODCOMP.

I have also moved away from the posted images to a simple re-color of the normal interface until I have a chance to come up with better, or am provided with something nicer. I think that the new setup is quite lovely though, so I hope people try it out and enjoy. With any luck it will be included in Fall Further so that feedback is actually gained :)

I made a new OO graphic for this modmod, not much, but better then the old one.

Download here

That's actually pretty cool - I like the background colour especially.

If you're still developing/revising, try a green for the borders (similar to the green used on the OO symbol) rather than the blue/pink. Also the overlord symbols seem to be getting stretched in the bottom panel and cut-off in both the bottom panel and the sidebars on the city view. Could possibly just have one OO symbol on the bottom panel on the right hand side (away from the "button area")..?

Just ideas - I know that Xienwolf put quite a lot of work into setting up the changeable interfaces and it'd be great if we could produce a few.

Just had a go myself using parts from both Xienwolf's original one and your one - see what you think...

Attachments

• Overlords.zip
    259.8 KB · Views: 46
  • OverlordsInterface.jpg
    OverlordsInterface.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 93
The symbols being cut off on the city screen and bottom are intended, they were just to add a bit of flavor without getting in the way of the buttons.

Now that I know the improvement directory, I'll redo it with my original idea.

I forgot to mention this when talking with abculatter2, but in the current setup, everything gets stretched that crosses the center plane of the screen (both horizontally and vertically). I can set it up so that things slide instead of stretching like I did with seZ's HUD design if needed for a small graphic like the Octopus. Otherwise things will look either stretched or shrunk depending on if you use the same resolution it was designed in or not.

I made a new version for the OO interface, download and pics here:

UPDATE: remade the city title bar.

These aren't very hard to do. All you need is photoshop and a bit of creativity.

Attachments

• overlords interface 2.rar
    497.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 91
  • Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 101
Top Bottom