Graphics

TheCrazyScot80

Chieftain
First of all, I just want to say thanks for all the great work that's been done on this mod, it's really made the game playable.

I was just wondering if there were any further plans to change the graphics of the game? I realise you likely have a shortage of people working on this mod now, but I just thought that I'd ask.
The major point that bothers me at the moment is just how big the cities and improvements look on the map, they quickly obscure the terrain and make it look far too 'busy'. The problem gets even worse as cities sprawl out onto adjacent tiles, completely covering and terrain and improvements beneath them.
I don't know how much work it'd even be to adjust this, but if anyone's played the Realism Invictus mod for Civ IV, they have done a great job with it on there, I find the map is a lot cleaner and easier to see what's going on.

Please don't take this personally, I think overall the mod is fantastic, it's just this one thing that I personally find a bit of an eyesore. I may well be in the minority.

Most improvements aren't bad, with the exception of trapper camp and I think large pasture that look weird on hills. City sprawl is IIRC controlled by a variable in one XML, so it is easy to modify. I'm sure someone can elaborate further.

Top Bottom