1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

great generals

Discussion in 'Civ4 Strategy Articles' started by 8ball19772, Aug 20, 2019.

1. 8ball19772

8ball19772 Chieftain

I just wanted to ask when you get a great general what kind of city does it get placed in I"m not sure is it the capital?

2. Windsor

Windsor Flawless

Heroic Epic city.

3. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

Often there are better uses than settling too, super medic (only general units can get medic 3),
    or distributing 20xp among your army for an immediate gain up front.

4. AcaMetis

AcaMetis Chieftain

I believe the OP wanted to know if there's a way to know which city a Great General will spawn in when you generate one. Personally I don't know the answer to that question, as far as I know it's just completely random.

5. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

Oh i know that one, born in the city where the unit was trained that won a general creating fight.

6. AcaMetis

AcaMetis Chieftain

That's what I thought too, but IIRC Lain tested it during his playthrough of the Ragnar map and the Great General spawned in another city. He used the BUG (BULL?) feature that adds the name of the city to units which that city trains, so he knew which city's unit got the relevant kill, but the Great General showed up in another city anyway.