great leaders bug

Iamlags

Chieftain
Encountered a bug in multiplayer were one of the human players was able to select multiple great admirals in one turn

We need more information. It can happen when a player with a lot of Admiral point refuse one. Meanwhile, that players is still stacking the point.
Some player plays tactically and refuse the first Great People of an era since it may ask more point than the next one of the same era.

You can see that happening when a Great Scientist of an era is recruited, all the other players suddenly get one on the same turn.

If no one really built a Harbor, or the amount needed was really high, it could have taken some times for the next players to recuit the Great Admiral. Moment later, when finally someone got the first Admiral, he can grab multiple at once due to the astronomical amount that player could have stacked.

England, with its Royal Navy Dockyard, enjoys +2 Great Admiral point per district instead of 1. The policies "Navigation" (Naval Tradition) gives +2, and "Laissez-faire" (Capitalism) gives +2 per Shipyard and +4 per Seaport. So there are ways to stack them.

The one player got 4 great admirals in one turn. They don't understand why either so reported it to the other players. 4 Great admirals in 1 turn (early game) seems strange, that is why we thought it was a bug.

FYI they are playing elizabeth and were at war with portugal, but we are all struggling to understand how this is possible within game rules.

Attachments

• civ.jpg
    civ.jpg
    481.9 KB · Views: 12
Turn 110 / 980 AD and all those Admiral are from the Medieval Era, and that's all 4 out of 4 from Medieval Era. So you are playing at Quick Speed, and the global era is still at Medieval (with 0 to 25 turns left).

The cost of each Great Admiral was set to 120 points each with no overprice, so that player needed at least 480 points. It can be done with 8 Great Admiral points per turn for 60 turns, which is achievable with 4 × Royal Navy Dockyard, or even just with 3 with a Lighthouse. The number don't seem extravagant, even less with Pingala with Grants. A Capital with RNDY + Lighthouse generates 6 Great Admiral points per turn and will have those 480 points in 80 turns (out of 110).

England really like those RNDY at half price which offer double Admiral points. It stacks fast.

If you have access to the Great Admiral history, I am pretty sure someone recruited Artemisia the turn before. This is what I think happened:
- England player refused a Great Admiral. Either that England player refused by error, or had a plan, or has been mislead by Elizabeth's ability and tried to save points for a Renaissance one in order to trigger those +2 Trade Routes, or just dislike Artemisia.
- All other players either didn't built an Harbor, or couldn't (England was pillaging or preventing Portugal to set them). So Artemisia took time to find someone who want her.
- Meanwhile, England stacks those Great Admiral point, up to 480 or even more.
- Once a player get Artemisia, England can recruit as many Admiral the points stacked allows to.

Edit: I made a mistake. I said you need 120 points per Great Admiral. It is true for Standard speed. On Quick Speed, it is 80 points I believe. It reduces the points needed from 480 to 320. 2 × Navy Dockyard are able to generate it in 80 turns. So 50-55 with a Lighthouse on top. Making it even more likely.

Last edited:
Top Bottom