Great wall explained - better than crap after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are using tourism and culture interchangeably.

You are correct. Y section walls provide 3C/3G; straight lines provide 2C/2G.
But what I was referring to was the number of visiting tourists each section was attracting. At the end of my game (around turn 260), each straight line wall attracted 1 tourist, while the 3-point walls attracted 2 tourists.

I think you are using tourism and culture interchangeably.

You are correct. Y section walls provide 3C/3G; straight lines provide 2C/2G.
But what I was referring to was the number of visiting tourists each section was attracting. At the end of my game (around turn 260), each straight line wall attracted 1 tourist, while the 3-point walls attracted 2 tourists.
what is your map setting?

If you look on the first page for my example game, it was Standard Size/Speed, Inland Sea, Emperor. As China of course.
Could you show me the lifetime tourism of a 3G3C Great Wall, also the 2G2C great wall and the 1G1C great wall, just curious about how tourist is accumulated.

Here is my victory save. I don't have the Aztec DLC if that information is relevant.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0262.Civ6Save
    2.4 MB · Views: 92
Im just wondering... in which cases do you build a wall instead of another improvement?
Isn't having a farm or mine more useful usually?
Or is there a trick... like getting the wall's coin+culture without it being worked?

I guess, usually, yes if you care about the city.
iirc You get the tourism from it even if it's not worked by a citizen so if you'r going for a culture victory you could spam it in cities that exist solely for the purpose of giving a GW space to grow.
In a Petra city it's awesome, since you can't build anything else on flat desert afaik so you get smthng+petra bonus. Id build mines on hills though.

Tundra also makes a good candidate for a long, long Great Wall. Since it runs throughout the map, you may very well end up literally building a wall around the world

The only wall save I currently has is a 2 joining wall save which clearly shows 2 tourism. Maybe it is pre patch
upload_2016-12-13_11-41-46.png

each straight line wall attracted 1 tourist, while the 3-point walls attracted 2 tourists.

OK I have just opened your save file and I see where you are making your mistake - the screenshot below is from your save

The numbers in black circles are the amount of tourists attracted to this piece of wall but are not the real tourist per turn measure (you can see on the left one piece of wall is generating 0 in the black circle)
If you see in the screenshot below I hover over that section of triple wall and it says it is generating 6 tourism points per turn. This is 3 for the wall doubled for computers. Your save is generating as much tourism as gold or culture.

upload_2016-12-13_11-49-13.png

I guess, usually, yes if you care about the city.
iirc You get the tourism from it even if it's not worked by a citizen so if you'r going for a culture victory you could spam it in cities that exist solely for the purpose of giving a GW space to grow.
In a Petra city it's awesome, since you can't build anything else on flat desert afaik so you get smthng+petra bonus. Id build mines on hills though.

On flat desert, you can build certain unique improvements (Great Wall obviously, also Sphinx).

More importantly, if La Venta is in the game, you can build Colossal Heads on flat deserts.

In my first China game, I was looking forward to building Great Walls on the flat desert in my Petra city. And then I realized that I could build Colossal Heads (which eventually can generate +4 faith) and so I ditched my Great Wall plans. Didn't build any other than the 5 needed for the achievement.

I built Petra 2 tiles out from a city and encircled it in wall which looked pretty cool. It seems you can join the ends of wall, just not in triangle shapes amd they do not looked joined up.
This gave me the idea of two circles for each city with 3 radiating spikes from each for max benefit. The trouble is, a tile often gets in the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom