[GUIDE] Integrate software into your Windows installation CD

In theory you can integrate anything.
Applications, Games, just files, etc.

Thread updated.
Don't ask for the changelog, it's BIG :D

Anyway... more than 330 applications for you to download and enjoy!

Cheers!

For private use this kind of thing is not worth the time it takes! It's faster to download only the applications one needs and install those manually. It's also easier to "debug" any problems that way.

The source of those applications MUST be trustworthy - which means getting those only from the official site (or approved mirrors) and checking the signatures/checksums. Unfortunately most people ignore that last part, but they should at least download from the official sites. Getting applications modified and uploaded to third-party sites, or worse, sites based on anonymous contributions, is a big :nono:.

All these addons are verified and I tried some of them and work perfectly, but the thing I like more is that with nLite, now I have a only 150 mb windows and to install it I need no more than 30 min.

For private use this kind of thing is not worth the time it takes! It's faster to download only the applications one needs and install those manually. It's also easier to "debug" any problems that way.

The source of those applications MUST be trustworthy - which means getting those only from the official site (or approved mirrors) and checking the signatures/checksums. Unfortunately most people ignore that last part, but they should at least download from the official sites. Getting applications modified and uploaded to third-party sites, or worse, sites based on anonymous contributions, is a big :nono:.

Well, if you got some time on your hand... You can also use nLite to remove stuff you never use, it seems. So perhaps it coud be quite handy.

And anyway, installing windows is usually pretty easy, it's getting those apps etc. that takes much time. So perhaps having them right there on the windows cd makes sense. But then again, you'll end up with outdated versions of your apps...

What I recommend to do is to put all the latest installers onto a USB stick or DVD-RW. That way, you have them all right there, which is especially useful if websites go down or there's no access to internet. And then, when newer versions come out, you can just put them in there.

It's also helpful to organize into folders, for example --
Productivity
Graphics
Multimedia
Games
Programming
Internet
Utilities
Security
Misc.

Top Bottom