Hammer of the North v2 - RELEASED

Hmmmm... I thought the 'anyone bug' referred only to using 'triggerattacker' or 'triggerdefender' as receiver of a unit or gold... If this is not the case, I have to go over the events again. Anyone know of a workaround, without doing an event for each possible civ vs each possible civ?

Peaster, I would love to see your tech map, can you attach it again, or send it to me by mail? (morten @ crewscut.com) (remove spacing)

probably due to the 'anyone' bug, i.e. anyone becomes only the first triggering tribe permanently.
\
I forgot, does this apply to all triggers with a 'who'-type parameter or just the UnitKilled trigger?

UPDATE v2.9
April 2005

A number of changes introduced in response to fixing the problem of kings/coronation swords only spawning by the first civ to destroy a king (the infamous 'anybody' bug). The opportunity was seized to make some general changes and introduce some new interesting events.

* Kings now have to be earned, by drawing the 'Swords of Coronation', which are preplaced on the map from the beginning of the scenario.

* All 'Swords of Coronation' are preplaced and fully visible, but can rarely be taken by units other than Heirs and a few other powerful units (Sometimes a hero can draw a sword, but the best bet are the Heirs)

* All civs start with 1 special Heir unit, which can attack only once, but with a powerful one-time attack. Heirs can be used to draw a 'Sword of Coronation', or as a one-time weapon against an otherwise superior enemy. Additional Heirs appear during the game, some owned by civs, others in rebellion against civs (barbarians). The last may be bribed.

* Kings are unique to all civs, with different unit graphics and slightly different abilities. Christian kings are mounted and have higher moves, viking kings can attack from ships.

* It is possible to have several kings, if properly cared for. For the viking civs, new kings will appear in England, if possible.

* The Danes receive free Viking Raiders in Anglo-Saxon cities, if they have Tributal Taxes and have taken key cities in East Anglia and Northumbria. When the Danes get Feudalism, they get free Drakkars in Aggersborg (the historical gathering place for the large Leding invasion fleets).

* The Norse receive free Drakkars in Norman cities (Normandy), if they have Tributal Taxes and gained key cities of Normandy. The Norse also receive free Men-at-arms in these cities if they gain Feudalism. This is supposed to simulate the build up before the invasion by Vilhelm the Conqueror in 1066.

* More barbarians appear on the map from the outset, to create a quite perilous situation for all civs, which will have a great impact on how each game proceeds. Stiff resistance makes playing the Anglo-Saxons and Scots a decent challenge. Viking campaigns in England are slightly easier to maintain, if played cleverly.

* A new wonder with a short-lived effect is introduced. The Temple of Odin in Uppsala will provice techs already possessed by two other civs (Great Library) until the discovery of Theology. This means however, that a viking civ taking this city, will be forcefully christianized, as they will receive christian techs from the temple - as well as other techs. This can be used as a means to catch up - if pagan weapons have already been used and its time to take a new course. But the short effect of the wonder makes this a difficult choice.

* Also, a powerful viking Ally will appear on the conquest of Uppsala.

Download the full scenario from here :

Hammer of the North v2.9 Game files
Backdrops (recommended Tiles.dll file)
Sound files part 1
Sound files part 2

Please exchange all old files with these files.

Bad omens over Northumbria...

Attachments

• Bad_omens.gif
    Bad_omens.gif
    139.3 KB · Views: 195
PrinceScamp said:
does it work with fantastic worlds?

Found something that may help you.
http://www.civfanatics.com/civ2/downloads/utilities/

This program is able to convert scenarios designed for Civ2:MGE to Civ2:FW compatible versions. Scenario format in MGE and FW are quite similar (they're almost identical!) and this is not a surprise since MGE was "FW with MultiPlayer" and so no big changes were expected in scenario section; MGEConverter gets a SCN file for MGE and changes it slightly to make it works with FW.
Size: 22.3 Kb

http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads/civ2/utility/mgeconve.zip

Top Bottom