Hammers from traded resources?

rbj2001

Warlord
Have been playing Civ 4 a while now and have a fairly basic question (actually 2)...

1. When you trade food resources which advertise themselves as +1 :health:, you get +1 health in every connected city. BUT... when you trade general resources, e.g. Marble, it says +1 :hammers:, but you don't get the extra hammer in each city - is this correct? Cos I don't seem to be getting it in my cities. What does the +1 :hammers: refer to - is it just an extra hammer on that tile if a city is working that tile?

2. Also, if you trade luxury resources, apart from the +1 :) in each city, does it mean that every city also receives +1 gold? If not, where does the gold go when you receive a luxury resource off another leader - or do you just not get it?

Thanks!

P.s. I'm playing on Prince level, not sure if this makes a difference.

The bonus (+:food:, +:commerce:, +:hammers:) refers to the bonus off the uninproved tile if it is worked. So if you trade a resource from an opponent you don't get that bonus but you do get the +:health:, +:) and/or ability to build units/buildings (depending on resource).
Hope it helps.

Thanks for the clarification - I couldn't find anything about this in the manual! Also it seems a bit misleading on the trading screen where it states the hammer / food / coin value along with happy and healthy values, which are the only bits that are actually useful.

I think it would be better if your civilization as a whole did get a food / hammer / coin bonus from having extra resources, and it would be good to be able to trade extra food etc.

Top Bottom