Haow do you get a golden Age?

EdwardTking

Deity
I understand that it requires 3 Great People to be added to a city.

I move three Great People to a city and click on the Gold disc icon and one Great Person dissappears, but the Golden disc icon then shades out and I can not add the second Great Person, even though the details in red for the City state that another two Great People are required.

It's not always 3 great people - the number starts at two and rises by 1 for each Golden Age you already had.

You don't have to move the leaders to a single place. (If you have several leaders, you cannot pick which ones to use for your GA either, which can lead to awkward moments).

Just activate a leader and look at the icon with the golden disc. If it's shaded out, then you can't have a GA. If it's bright, then just click on it. The leaders will be automatically removed, and your GA starts. There's no popup announcing this, but you can see the remaining duration of your GA at the upper right of the screen, where the current year is shown.

First golden age can be achived by using up 2 Great People, but they must be different types.

i.e. - Scientist and Artist - Golden age!
Scientist and Scientist - No Golden Age!

They do not have to be in the same city to do this.

As said, the number of different types increases as you have more golden ages.

You can also get a Golden Age from building the Tag Mahal.

Top Bottom