Hard Military Data for Modders

timerover51

Deity
This thread will be devoted to providing modders with hard military data to work from for combat stats. It will cover aircraft, naval vessels, and ground combat equipment. Most of the data will come from official histories and official government data. Here are some images giving some idea at to what will be available. For combat radius estimates when no data is given, a good rule of thumb is to use 1/3 of the still air range for radius.
TBF Avenger Data.png
Med&Mid East A:C.png

Attachments

• Aussie RAAF History.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • Med & Mid East info.zip
    126 KB · Views: 11
  • RAF Info.zip
    127.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
The following covers U.S. Navy aircraft for World War 2 and Korea. This are the official aircraft characteristic charts used to compute combat operations given various conditions.

Attachments

• ASW Aircraft.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 11
  • Attack Aircraft.zip
    10.3 MB · Views: 11
  • Fighter Aircraft.zip
    12.2 MB · Views: 10
The following covers U.S. Navy aircraft for World War 2 and Korea. This are the official aircraft characteristic charts used to compute combat operations given various conditions. These files cover the patrol and transport planes.

@Delta Strife: I do not know if you have made a Conestoga transport, but that is one that I like.

Attachments

• Patrol Planes.zip
    14 MB · Views: 10
  • Transport Planes.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 11
This next item was prepared by the Technical Air Intelligence Center of the U.S. Navy and was published in June of 1945. It give the comparative performance and characteristics of late World War 2 U.S., British, Japanese, and German aircraft. It also gives the basis for performance data for U.S. aircraft. This can be quite useful in assessing foreign aircraft.
TAIC Manual No. 2.png

However, the manual is too large a file to be uploaded to the forum but it can be found here for downloading.

Then for some ground equipment, the following is a portion of the Catalogue of Enemy Ordnance material covering German and Japanese weapons. I have a complete hard copy of the German catalogue, if someone desires information on something listed in the contents that is not in the excerpt. This is in three parts. Here is a sample page.
38cm. on Tiger Chassis.png

Attachments

• Part_1.pdf.zip
    16.9 MB · Views: 9
  • Part_2.pdf.zip
    16.6 MB · Views: 11
  • Part_3.pdf.zip
    10.5 MB · Views: 11
I will post more here in the coming days and weeks, however, feedback and questions are always welcomed. I have a large library and quite a lot of information on my computers and flash drives.

That's a great collection and starting point right there for coming up with unit stats in C3C. I'll have to look more into this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom