1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

hardest great work wonders to fill?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by regalman, Aug 6, 2013.

?

which of these wonders is the hardest to get a theming bonus?

1. Louvre

24.1%
  2. Uffizi

8.6%
  3. hermitage

10.3%
  4. Broadway

41.4%
  5. Sydney Opera House

10.3%
  6. Great Library/Oxford university

1.7%
  7. Globe theater

1.7%
  8. Sistine Chapel

1.7%
  1. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

I managed to do it by planning ahead. I had two Industrial era music works completed and I faith-bought a third before I got to the Modern era. Faith-bought a Great Engineer (did I mention I was playing as the Byzantines ;) ) and had Broadway done quickly.

Probably a coincidence, but I struggled with Hermitage because, by that point, nobody had any art to trade. Also, Great Art can be sometimes difficult to get (all my museums end up filled with artifacts).

2. Stonecutter9

Stonecutter9 Rex Michiganensis

Definitely Broadway, because Musicians are very hard to come by, especially late-game. The ONLY GM points come from the one-time MG so you can only pop them in one city (or finish Aesthetics and pop w/Faith, but that is EXPENSIVE).

Writers and Artists are just so much easier to generate it seems like Musicians are the third wheel...:lol:

We need another music-themed building or wonder earlier than either Broadway or Sydney, perhaps Milan's La Scala, the Staatsoper (Civ 5 has an Austrian civ but not an Austrian wonder) or some other opera house so that an EARLIER GM boom is possible.

3. ahawk

ahawk King

I vote Louvre, because the other troublesome wonder (Broadway) can be filled relatively easily so long as you have high-faith and have completed Aesthetics; Broadway can be filled with three Great Musicians bought on the same turn with faith (2 if bought in the same Era as when Broadway was built, since it comes with one Great Musician), while Louvre often requires me to actually trade artifacts or art.

Really, I find the ones that require works from different civs and different eras to be the worst to fill. In particular, any of them that require this along with not allowing a Great Work from your own civ (mostly the case with national wonders rather than world wonders).

4. HeraldtheGreat

HeraldtheGreat King

Broadway makes the Louvre look like a cakewalk.