Hardware Requirements for Civ VI (fake)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorburne

Centurion
I just did a Google search and this article popped up (updated 4 hours ago). I didn't see any other threads about it, so since I know many are interested... here is the summery of the info:

Minimum Requirements
Spoiler :
CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E6300 or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
RAM: 4GB
HD: 15 GB
DirectX: DX 9, 11 or 12.0c (or Higher)
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT 512MB or ATI RADEON HD 4870 512 MB

Recommended
Spoiler :
CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 or AMD Phenom X4 9750
RAM: 6GB
Video: 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 650 or 1GB ATI Radeon HD 6450

You're right... it doesn't seem like it... but the requirements listed seem about on par. I'm not familiar with the site itself, but I guess we'll see. Until then, it is what we have to go on. Hopefully confirmation will come soon.

Maybe they just broke early with the information that they had in order to beat out the top hitters like IGN or Gamespot... I don't know

the cpu requirements seem far too low for min. It's going to require a quad core probably.

Well, I just hope sticking to Windows 7 doesn't hurt performance. I don't intend to downgrade to 10 until I get a new computer.

Hmm, no mention of Linux yet which is annoying since we heard about it a long time ago. :confused:

CIVILIZATION 6 Minimum Requirements

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E6300 vs AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
RAM: 4 GB
Video Card: ANVIDIA GeForce 9600GT 512MB OR ATI RADEON HD 4870 512MB Graphic card
Direct X dx 9 / 11 / 12 compatible
Sound Card: YAS
Free Disk Space: 15 GB

CIVILIZATION 6 Recommended Requirements

CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 vs AMD Phenom X4 9750
RAM: 6 GB
Video Card: Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GT 650 1GB OR ATI Radeon HD 6450 1GB Graphics Card
Direct X dx 9 / 11 / 12 compatible
Sound Card: YAS
Free Disk Space: 15 GB

Sources:
http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/...queen-tomyris-leads-brand-new-civ-scythia.htm

this seems wrong.

also, it's not on the steam page, so I wouldn't take anything said elsewhere as fact til it is.

plus... the article is from a sketchy place (information wise) that references and even more sketchy place as the source.

It's not going to be windows 10 only, the big question is whether it'll be 32 bit or 64 bit.

The only reason it would require windows 10 is if it were dx12 only and didn't support 11, which windows 7 supports, but there's no way that'll happen.

this article is fake, just like the other thread that posted one.

it references some other site that is sketchy at best and the actual requirements are not listed on the steam page for the game.

Moderator Action: Two threads with hardware requirements from unreliable sources merged and closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom