Has anyone considered adding BE content to CIV V as a mod?

On a completely different note, part of me wants a silly BE mod that adds a Giant Death Robot as a cargo option or some such.

Obviously I'm not saying people should just "go for it", but I think if someone were interested in creating a "future mod" for CiV and contacted Firaxis to ask for permission he'd probably get an answer that is something like "We won't give official permission, but we tolerate it as long as you keep it within certain perimeters."
If you just do it, you might get away with it; they may not notice or care. But if you actually ask permission, they will almost certainly have to say no. No corporate legal department is going to say "maybe."

sure, but most of those are 'light' mods -- basically jsut taking the images from the other game and moving it over. Some companies "don't care" because it lets their fan base move their brand into new markets. (still falls under copyright issues, but they care less).

What was suggested was not 'just' the art, but the whole gameplay side. That's far beyond what a company would look past.

whether or not modders would 'care' doesn't actually matter.

No , I think what was meant was to flesh out the future era in Civ V using tech, units, policies and other bits to enhance the future era.

I dont think the OP was talking about adding the BE game into civ v or totally converting it.

Moderator Action: Moved to C&C: General Modding Discussion : Requests & Ideas

It is easier to ask forgiveness than permission. I say go ahead and make a total conversion mod. The tech tree will need some serious changes, with plenty of OR options and dead ends. Affinities would be harder to do and eras would need to be reduced to 2 or 3. As much as it pains me to say it, Civ5 with a total conversion mod has the potential to be more stable and less buggy than CivBERT is right now, with most of the same features.

Top Bottom