Has anyone thought of creating a clone with Unity?

Layered Iso & Record Strat.PNG

Ha! I must have been subliminally thinking RGB, or at least GBR when I colored those little guys in.

This last one was just a little test to make sure that things were indeed working as intended. The numbers represent paste layers, that have been layered in based on the trailing decimals of the number in the formula bar. The desert tile is the first paste, then the 29 and the Red guy, 28 and Blue, 27 and Green, etc. This way of pasting in formatting allows for an isometric view, foreground and background graphics, and graphics of alternating size represented within a tile, i.e. units 64x64, terrain tiles 64x32 pixels.

The pasting and layering is all done with VBA through a macro. On my computer the process of pasting and layering all 121 tiles takes about half a second, which is good if a player wants to move their units with the smallest of lag. I originally wanted to represent the entire map up close like the 121 tiles are, but the lag was just too much and honestly kind of redundant if a minimap is used.

The next obstacle is to create a way for the records to interact with each other, so when a player moves right, left, diagonally, up, down the records update for this.

Here's a better looking example of layering using one of Fairline's recent creations.
Layered Iso & Record Strat2.PNG

Top Bottom