Having a REALLY hard time invading France..

The new MOD is excellent for historical accuracy re gameplay, I agree. It's very difficult to land Panzers in England because of their Navy, but once you do, it's syonara for Churchill!

One of my Grandfathers was in the BEF evacuated out of Dunkirk? He was the only man in his unit to bring his Lee Enfield back, and that only cos he strung it across his back, and forgot about it. He used to say if Hitler had made it across the channel in Summer 1940 he'd have faced pitchforks and molotov cocktails, not an organised Army!

So true. The England of 1940 owes a lot to the men and women of the RAF and RN.

Gather enough artillery and maginot fortifications cease to be an issue :D

Truth! A stack of 30-40 arty will nearly blow out the space. In the current game I took Metz as soon as france declared war. As for the fighter problem just attack a square with 10 FW190's and you will hurt the air defenses and defending fighters, then send your bombers in. I use mostly fighters for ground support save the bombers for long range recon, strategic bombing, and fort reduction.

I never even bother with attacking the maginot line. Just attack through the low countries. France is fairly weak in the cities without maginot fortifications.

Except you can have France crushed before the low countries are even in the war. Makes it a lot easier to get ready for Barbarossa and the Invasion on Norway, as well as getting you into Africa sooner. Of course if you build your air bases you can send 10 tanks to Africa as soon as Italy declares and england never has a chance.

i'm playing emperor on historical on germany and its almost gotten too easy (if it doesnt get harder when barbarossa strts / the us joins which i doubt it will i probably wont finish it).

I started in 1936 and after pumping appropriate factories i started pumping infantry artillery and aircraft until i got medium tanks and then started pumping them and aircraft. (i mainly used great merchants to keep my money up) I took out all of western and even southern poland to get the extra oil with a standard blitzkrieg attack, onyl the 1 city they stacked all their artillery lasted more than one turn. Knowing that i had plenty of time until i had to worry about the eastern front i shifted all my aircraft and armor to the western front with the original intention of holding the line while i prepared for norway. As it turns out having 30 or so bombers and 40 fighters gave me immeadiate air superiority on the western front and along with 20 or so artillery i bombarded the magionts down to about 3-4 strength in 2 turns took them outand disemboweled france before i was at war with the low countries.

The norwegian campaign was tedious even though i landed with 40 units and 12 fighters becasue the bitter winter made it for a slow push, i ended up conquering britain before i got the last norwegian city. As soon as vichy france spawned I mass airlifted units in then moved them out of their cities prompting british take overs, i retook the cities and ebgan to build up a force to push britain out of the middle east (the italians with aerial help were doing well in egypt).

Italy just declared on greece and the west balkans, i gobbled up some cities but am mainly jsut transferring everything to the eastern front and moving a massive navy / invasion fleet near leningrad for an amphibious assault. Poland and france are now completely productive (with most buildings maxed out) i just got jet fighters and modern infantry and its still 1941. Considering I have 14 improved submarines a 6 carrier task group with 8 landing craft and an enormous army waiting for the soviets i dont think they will last.

Germany might be in a tighter situation @ 1939 but with the 1936 start I have had so much time to plan that it is seriously too easy.

Top Bottom