Health Mechanics

Biowell health bonus is GLOBAL when worked. A city, with all health buildings already built, thus currently have a health cap, can still get the effects of the biowell, just as long as a citizen is working that tile.

A 1 pop city with 20 biowells will only get 1 health DUH, because it can only work 1 tile. However, that same city, with a clinic, will get both the health from the clinic (for that city only), and also the health from the biowell.

ONLY buildings provide local health. Local health is capped by the city pop, The same thing like in Civ 5. Which is why sometimes people think buying buildings don't work. Tech, virtues, and improvement all go towards the global pool.

^Thanks confirming that it is exactly like Manufactories.
Ok, that makes sense, I guess? The Biowell's +1 Health and the Manufactory's +2 Unhealthy are both detailed in the same section of the XML, which is a different place from the +2 Food or +3 Production.

How does Joy from variety Virtue work? does it give you one health per each unique basic resource in your empire, or one health per each unique basic resource in city radius?

Does the game differentiate between global and local health, like CiV?

Thanks for replies in advance :)

Every bonus to health that you get is added to empire wide health. The only ones that are local are the buildings. They cap out on city pop. 1 Building health per pop.

Every bonus to health that you get is added to empire wide health. The only ones that are local are the buildings. They cap out on city pop. 1 Building health per pop.
And I'd like to remind people at this point that you only get -0.75 unhappiness per pop, so (unless I am mistaken and someone correct me please if I am) you can actually gain 0.25 global health per health from buildings.

Biowell health bonus is GLOBAL when worked. A city, with all health buildings already built, thus currently have a health cap, can still get the effects of the biowell, just as long as a citizen is working that tile.

A 1 pop city with 20 biowells will only get 1 health DUH, because it can only work 1 tile. However, that same city, with a clinic, will get both the health from the clinic (for that city only), and also the health from the biowell.

ONLY buildings provide local health. Local health is capped by the city pop, The same thing like in Civ 5. Which is why sometimes people think buying buildings don't work. Tech, virtues, and improvement all go towards the global pool.
Thread is already a few days old, but it was linked in the steam forums, so: This is not correct. Biowells produce LOCAL health. See both screenshots that I added as attachments, one works an additional biowell and neither local nor global health get the bonus because the city already reached its local cap.

What you miss in this screenshot is showing global breakdown of health, which is requieed to prove your point without resonable doubt.

For example, Manufactories are confirmed as global modifier, since they do not affect city health, while in gloval health show as sepearte modifier (not part of city health).

You can see that local health (number above the city name) and total health (number on the right side of the top bar) remain unchanged, if it were global health, then the number in the top bar would change by +1. ^^

Anyway, showing the global breakdown in a screenshot doesn't really help, because I can't show the city view at the same time - so I'll just add the save file itself, if anyone wants to double-check. You'll have to sell a health building first to make the local health change. (And yeah, don't worry about my empire, I was just testing some things before mrs. ceo decided that she wants to punish me for not having any military :lol: ...probably the first Midgame-DoW I ever got from the AI :goodjob: )

Thanks, Ryika, for confirming that it's local, with proof. (It also would have made no sense if it was really global)

People, try not to make such bombastic statements on game mechanics that you haven't verified, especially not in the Strategy section - that doesn't help anyone, just confuse...

I bet the Manufactory is local, as well, unlike what was stated.

Actually Manufactiry is not local, which I confirmed in my private testing.

That's why I was skeptical for Biowells.

But then, if you look energy, it's yealds are local, but energy maintenance is global.

So in that way, health gains on terrain improvements are similar to energy

Top Bottom