Heart of the Comet?

ChumChum

Chieftain
only played smac once i'm afraid but the storyline was very cool and i thought that by far the best part was all the different factions and the completely customisable 'government'.

the idea of all these factions arguing and sometimes fighting for their beliefs even though they were originally from the same team seemed very very similar to a sci-fi novel i have read by (i think) gregory brin and douglas banford called Heart of the Comet.

have any of you smac players ever read this book?
or, more to the point, has sid?

just a thought.
-ChumChum
:cooool:

I have never heard of that book. I don't usually read Sci-Fi books, I read history instead. I do have some choice Sci-Fi books though.

It seems that most of the threads here, are very short. I am surprized that no one bothers to post much.

only played smac once i'm afraid but the storyline was very cool and i thought that by far the best part was all the different factions and the completely customisable 'government'.

the idea of all these factions arguing and sometimes fighting for their beliefs even though they were originally from the same team seemed very very similar to a sci-fi novel i have read by (i think) gregory brin and douglas banford called Heart of the Comet.

have any of you smac players ever read this book?
or, more to the point, has sid?

just a thought.
-ChumChum
:cooool:

I've read it. Actually I mentioned this book for some other reason and I can't remember on these forums. But it was written by David Brin and Gregory Benford. If I remember rightly, the book had a happy ending in that everyone on board Halley's Comet all got a long but other than that I could see them pulling an Alpha Centauri centuries later.

Top Bottom