Heart of the Republic - A Rome: Total War AAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but I snagged the 1000th reply. Pretty good timeing to end part 1.

Carthage, I've fought them, their spearmen are still susceptable to flanking.

The only thing that worries me are the elephants.

I hope Kan remembers to put archers and skirmishers in my invasion force...

Can't wait for Part Two! Hopefully it will include the invasion of Brittannia!

Bloody great AAR Kan! Can't wait for part 2!

Also, how long until the Marius reforms? As the legionary units that can use that turtle shield thing would be very useful against the sarmations.

I'm not sure we get the reforms in Total Realism, but we do need to find some sort of tactic against the Sarmatians. We're taking heavy losses.

Yeah but I snagged the 1000th reply. Pretty good timeing to end part 1.

Originally I wanted it to end with the House of StevieJey story, but when it became clear that wasn't going to happen I just hoped for the best that I would find another decent ending. Just before an invasion and the death of the Consular (I haven't decided who'll be in charge now) seems a decent enough cliffhanger.

Carthage, I've fought them, their spearmen are still susceptable to flanking.

The only thing that worries me are the elephants.

I hope Kan remembers to put archers and skirmishers in my invasion force...

When Tillus II fought in Carthage he came up against very few elephants, and currently their cities are still poorly garrisoned. We should be alright.

Can't wait for Part Two! Hopefully it will include the invasion of Brittannia!

Possibly. We'll have to secure Carthage and our northern frontiers, then intervene in the Greek Civil War at last. I'm sure Britain will come soon afterwards :D

New game will begin: 15th September 2007. One year anniversary!

I'll join the new game. A fresh start is always what the doctor ordered.

Alright, what'd I miss?

Right...

During your tenure as Consular, you brought in a lot of military reforms that were unpopular with the Senate, however you managed to enforce them through the Elite Guard, led by General Yurey. Ol' Raisinus put together a plot in which himself, Kan Sharuminar III, Subius and Ironmanus would, well assassinate you. You contented yourself with invading Iberia, and proposing war with Carthage, which the Senate really didn't like.

In the end, the plot to kill you failed, mainly due to the fact that your trusted right-hand man Yurey was happily influencing you behind the scenes, took advantage of the attempted assassination and killed the assassins. Then you.

He then quite happily reformed the Senate to have more influence from the General's, and took credit for every Roman victory during your rule, thus making him nothing less than a brilliant Roman in the eyes of every citizen.

We're off to invade Carthage now, but only when I start a new thread.

Oh and sorry about your murder, old chap.

Don't worry guys, we'll all be back together in Heart of the Republic 2: The Scam to Raise our Post Count!

Spoiler :
Yeah, shameless Spaceballs reference...

Don't worry guys, we'll all be back together in Heart of the Republic 2: The Scam to Raise our Post Count!

Spoiler :
Yeah, shameless Spaceballs reference...

Spaceballs FTW.

Althoguh I had a different title in mind.

"Heart of the Republic 2: Scamp's Rise to Godhood"

You've run quite a few AARs, all great. Seeing how this is your longest currently running one, a long title is fitting.

How about

Heart of the Republic II: The return of the council that existed in the previous instalment-A Rome: Total War AAR :p

I still think we should rip of- I mean tribute (or whatever the word is) to a movie or book reference like the spaceballs one.

Or one that sets the tone.

Heart of the Republic II: The Rise of Ceaser PrinceScampey

Or just the rise of a ceaser when the ceasers started ruling rome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom